Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
€400m of that €650m sum is the ‘debt mass’ accumulated by the Toffees according to the newspaper, who add that the Friedkin’s objective is to add Everton and continue building to a multi-club model like others around Europe.

This might be key... sounds like the debt is being paid off and Moshiri is taking a smaller amount on what hes owed.....
What exactly is 400m for debt mass?

Of course they''d want that. I;m just pointing out that them ending up with a massive profit down the line isn't necessarily coming with success for us.
It depends on their M O. If they want to run us at break even, increase the value of the club and then sell that's fine, it's what FSG are doing with the rs If they want to take dividends out, I'm not so keen.

I'm reading the exact same things on the Roma board or on reddit/asroma. Very funny because both parties seem to be somehow worried.

As of now, this seems to be something new. Other groups have a defined hierarchy. But Everton and Roma are almost equal. We could make points to put one above the other, but it would be difficult for any of us to have the last word. Yes, Roma's recent history is better, but Everton is in the premier league. And the premier league alone means a lot. We could go on for days without reaching consensus on this matter.

Perhaps Nottingham-Olympiakos is something similar? Lina Souloukou, former CEO of Olympiakos, Is now CEO of Roma.

It could be a strategy, or...

Over the last two years rumors about a Roma takeover by an Arabic sovereign fund have surfaced many times. It could be that they're setting things up to sell Roma.
Thank you for joining the forum and sharing your experiences and opinions. I think we have quite a lot in common as clubs in two fantastic historic cities and there are very few clubs I’d rather be linked to from a footballing perspective.

What exactly is 400m for debt mass?
my guess is R&M etc...

my utter utter guess would be pay back R&M and MSP, thats roughtly 400mill euros, and wait and see what happens with 777. Moshiri gets 150mill euros for his shares and gets nothing else back from what hes paid in. This is just my guess, but they could be taking a chance that 777 goes belly up and that landscape changes.

Get you're meaning, but things take time, we have to build the club after so much Commercial stagnation, improve our income streams, these are not just football men, they have experience, they are also astute businessmen, who hopefully know how to run a football club ...with professionals running it.
Instead of your usual Dr Doom gloom about everything, let's just give them a chance to even move in. Jesus is there a more pessimistic man in the known Universe than you ?

You were one of Moshiri's biggest defenders, and were so until very late in the day. I remember clashing with you about Moshiri often enough.

Of all people you should be exercising caution about new owners.

Of course they''d want that. I'm just pointing out that them ending up with a massive profit down the line isn't necessarily coming with success for us.

That would be the outcome for whoever buys us given the price and the way the premier league evolves add the ground into it it’s a never going to lose value

my guess is R&M etc...

my utter utter guess would be pay back R&M and MSP, thats roughtly 400mill euros, and wait and see what happens with 777. Moshiri gets 150mill euros for his shares and gets nothing else back from what hes paid in. This is just my guess, but they could be taking a chance that 777 goes belly up and that landscape changes.
If that 400m is repaid, does it mean psr will never be an issue this summer?

It depends on their M O. If they want to run us at break even, increase the value of the club and then sell that's fine, it's what FSG are doing with the rs If they want to take dividends out, I'm not so keen.
I dont believe in multi-club ownership.

Anyone on here who says they feel easy about being a client of a conglomerate is lying.

They could get us PL mid-table each each season and sell up with a massive profit down the line.

How would that be a fitting future for us though?
It wouldn’t be fitting at all….admittedly I’m not completely business savvy at those levels but I just don’t see how you make much of a profit doing that. It may be part of their strategy but I would have thought improving the team would be part of that strategy. It’s how they do it is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back