Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ From the Reddit post was my reading and my opinion I've shared on here - except "being Evertonians makes it ideal." I think we put too much stake into that.

If Bell/Downing weren't Evertonians, I think they'd get short thrift.
Exactly, if it was random Yanks proposing to put in relatively little themselves then pay for the rest with a mortgage on the stadium they’d be getting bottled off by the fanbase.

Touting about the name of the lender for credibility was a nice touch, but realistically it’s like me claiming to be in a consortium with Nationwide Building Society to own my house. That’s not really how the arrangement works.

He thinks MSP are best of the candidates. And he quotes/references the Esk a lot with reference to that particular consortium. He says Dell could end up backing any of the proposed bidders too.

Don’t forget the big paragraph softly implying that administration wouldn’t be so bad and is a possible outcome. Feel like I’ve heard that somewhere before.

^ From the Reddit post was my reading and my opinion I've shared on here - except "being Evertonians makes it ideal." I think we put too much stake into that.

If Bell/Downing weren't Evertonians, I think they'd get short thrift.

Possibly, however the fact remains that the attraction of Bell/Downing is that we can be fairly certain that their intention isn't to try and make a load of money out of Everton and/or make us tenants in our own stadium. There's an element of safety with them around having the best interests of the club at heart.

Every other investment group makes me wary because we know that the new stadium is a beacon for asset strippers

I'm not saying for a moment that they all fall into that category, but we aren't going to get anyone coming in and clearing the debts with equity injections - so failing that, there are going to be pros and cons to the various options on the table.

Don’t forget the big paragraph softly implying that administration wouldn’t be so bad and is a possible outcome. Feel like I’ve heard that somewhere before.
Yep. So MSP, backed by the Dell group and with the Esk on the new board it is then. And a threat of administration to force a haircut on RMF and ACap.

Possibly, however the fact remains that the attraction of Bell/Downing is that we can be fairly certain that their intention isn't to try and make a load of money out of Everton and/or make us tenants in our own stadium. There's an element of safety with them around having the best interests of the club at heart.

All that was said of Bill Kenwright/fans loved having blues on our board/CEO for a long time.

Appreciate I'm in the minority but I honestly don't care whether Evertonians own or run the club.

Investment isn't just transfers though. The figure I could see in press/social is €900m+, a record amount for Roma and apparently "from his own pocket". Seems at odds with asset stripping - they were/continue to struggle with FFP too.

Me too regarding concerns - though I wouldn't expect/trust any to be sharing those visions yet. Though to be fair, I'd ignore it all anyway - for me, trust is earned through actions. Its why I try and look a bit at the history of potential owners.
Spot on, bidders are a long way off engaging with the public imo.

As you say trust is earned through actions, and we've all seen moshiri's actions, as much as we can weigh any interested party up and form a logical opinion on them, ultimately we're completely at his mercy. We're not party to all the info obviously, but there's every chance he'll pick the group that seem the least appropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back