Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arsed who it is out of the current parties tbh, just want Mosh out before he does any more harm.
Not sure why Bell & Dowling are getting so much stick. They’re by far more accomplished than Bill ever was so you would hope they know their own limitations and have enough acumen to know that appointing horses for courses rather than treating it like their own trainset would be in their best interests.

Are you also on Bell & Dowlings payroll ?

Tell me how loading the new stadium with a loan to purchase the club is for the well being of the club ?

If they were Americans you would be hitting the roof my friend. You've fallen for the "two blues who love the club" nonsense that BK's acolytes peddled for years when it was clear he was out of his depth.
I haven’t fallen for anything my simple friend, pray tell how does owning just 45% and being second choice to Roma like Freidkin wants to do benefits the club? Or being levelled as part of a consortium wanting different ideas put in like the Manoukian offer. Just because Kenwright turned out to be a bad owner doesn’t mean Bell and Dowling would be

The stadium would pay itself back in spades, especially as it’s hosting part of the Euros in 4 years time and could be used for other sporting occasions eventually

Are you also on Bell & Dowlings payroll ?

Tell me how loading the new stadium with a loan to purchase the club is for the well being of the club ?

If they were Americans you would be hitting the roof my friend. You've fallen for the "two blues who love the club" nonsense that BK's acolytes peddled for years when it was clear he was out of his depth.

They're not Kenwright though, are they? They're actual businessmen, one worth £300m+ and one worth £500m. They are clearly on a different plane to Kenwright as businessmen, who only got anywhere near that level of net worth through clinging on to Everton, but even then his lack of acumen meant he hadn't grown the asset, and just merely benefited from the rise in cost of PL clubs.

Bell and Downing earned their money in the business world, using their smarts. Are they personally rich enough? No, but with the right backers, it's a bit harsh to suggest they have the same limited business acumen as Bill.

They're not Kenwright though, are they? They're actual businessmen, one worth £300m+ and one worth £500m. They are clearly on a different plane to Kenwright as businessmen, who only got anywhere near that level of net worth through clinging on to Everton, but even then his lack of acumen meant he hadn't grown the asset, and just merely benefited from the rise in cost of PL clubs.

Bell and Downing earned their money in the business world, using their smarts. Are they personally rich enough? No, but with the right backers, it's a bit harsh to suggest they have the same limited business acumen as Bill.

Bell & Dowling may be better than BK, but thats like saying a 14 year old boxer will fare better at the mens olympics than a 9 year old boxer would. Neither will ultimately cut the mustard at the level they would be competing at.

The PL has evolved past the stage of having local millionaire businessmen as owners. You're competing with gulf states with geopolitical influence, multi billionaires who own corporations & franchise owners with connections across the sporting world & links to other football clubs.

Bell & Dowling represent for many a comfort blanket in the current situation of instability. They like any other buyer however will be out to make money they're not looking to buy EFC for the love of the club. They already supposedly have loaned the club money with high interest repayments. One of them used to back BK as owner and one is a supposed Tory donor.

They are not the knight in shining armour that many of our fans seem to think they are.

Appreciate everyone is entitled to their views on them, I personally think they're a step backwards and have tried getting the club at a cheap price via administration in which a few of their supporters on social media platforms have tried to promote.

One thing is certain.
Whoever eventually owns the club will be heavily criticised by some supporters and lauded by some others.
There will be loads of "I told you so" whenever anything goes wrong (or right for that matter)
People are nailing their masts to their 'prefered' owner based on speculation only. NONE of us know the details of any bids or how things will work out in the long run. NONE OF US have a meaningful say in the matter anyway. We can only wait, hope and pray that we become successful both as a business and (more importantly IMO) on the pitch.

Bell & Dowling may be better than BK, but thats like saying a 14 year old boxer will fare better at the mens olympics than a 9 year old boxer would. Neither will ultimately cut the mustard at the level they would be competing at.

The PL has evolved past the stage of having local millionaire businessmen as owners. You're competing with gulf states with geopolitical influence, multi billionaires who own corporations & franchise owners with connections across the sporting world & links to other football clubs.

Bell & Dowling represent for many a comfort blanket in the current situation of instability. They like any other buyer however will be out to make money they're not looking to buy EFC for the love of the club. They already supposedly have loaned the club money with high interest repayments. One of them used to back BK as owner and one is a supposed Tory donor.

They are not the knight in shining armour that many of our fans seem to think they are.

Appreciate everyone is entitled to their views on them, I personally think they're a step backwards and have tried getting the club at a cheap price via administration in which a few of their supporters on social media platforms have tried to promote.
The owner will make the right choice .

As you kept telling us "Mosh got dis"....right ?

In fact, to mention Kenwrong in the same sentence as those two is utterly insulting and likely extremely embarrassing to them.

your totally on your own here mate.

totally totally

Is that 3 firm bids to buy Everton now?

Bell/Downing
MSP
Manoukian consortium of international investors

If Deloitte are leaking we should know who is behind these groups soon.

Football isn't just transfers. And as I said - Roma also have FFP challenges.

They intend to move to a new stadium too, which they need to get a wiggle on with.

Also, Saudi PIF apparently interested in Roma so he could end up selling up there.

MSP i think are the best individual option in terms of sports / football ownership. Thats due to their McLaren stake and owning multiple clubs globally. The only concern with them is the stadium, what would they do with it.

Also they want Spurs which would cost what? £1bil? So they have the cash to wipe the debt off and or invest into players.

The 2 Evertonians coming in with either or both of MSD / MSP would be best. Alone,no.

Otherwise I think the other options are the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.