Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP sound good but do we have any idea what their plans are for Everton?

Obviously a big chunk of the debt is owed to them which presumably is converted to equity.

What about the rest of the debt ?

How are they actually funded and what level of assets and liquidity do they have?

Do they own any other football teams and if so where would we rank in hierarchy?

Why didn't they buy Everton when they had the chance to do so?
No...and we don't any of the plans from the other interested groups.

Yes they own other football clubs.

If you go on their website you can see their whole portfolio and get a better of idea who they are and what they do.

Just because they're not flashing their leg in the media it doesn't mean they aren't serious people.

….do we know who the reported Saudi Royal is?
One of about 15'000.

Narrows it down a bit.

Joking aside, when they mention Saudi Royals without naming them it's because they don't want to be named and keep their spending on the qt.

The ones with real power and wealth don't mind being named because they're generally untouchable. Every few years they'll have a crackdown on reckless spending an few royals are 'jailed' for months in a five star resort whilst their bank accounts recover.

Think he was a genuine fan,just a crap businessman.
He wanted what’s best for Everton but was far too narcissistic for anyone to convince him, he wasn’t what was best for Everton and was in fact the was the reason the club was held back for years. Anybody who ever raised such concerns were quickly removed and replaced by another nodding dog.

He wanted what’s best for Everton but was far too narcissistic for anyone to convince him, he wasn’t what was best for Everton and was in fact the was the reason the club was held back for years. Anybody who ever raised such concerns were quickly removed and replaced by another nodding dog.
Replacing people with nodding dogs because they raised concerns isn't wanting the best for Everton...quite the opposite.

Bill Kenwright wanted the best for Bill Kenwright.

Only thing that sticks with me about MSP is that they've had the opportunity to buy the club before 777, and didn't take it. I get that they are experienced sports franchise owners, and well funded, but we're they hoping for spurs and not Everton?

It's not relevant mate...The lads at City wanted us,got knocked back,bought City and went on to make them successful.

Abramovich wanted United and got Chelsea.

These investments groups are interested turning sports franchises around and for whatever reason they want to do it with us now.

MSP sound good but do we have any idea what their plans are for Everton?

Obviously a big chunk of the debt is owed to them which presumably is converted to equity.

What about the rest of the debt ?

How are they actually funded and what level of assets and liquidity do they have?

Do they own any other football teams and if so where would we rank in hierarchy?

Why didn't they buy Everton when they had the chance to do so?

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

Nafaji also owns the Phoenix Suns.

I suspect they wanted a 'complete' club in Spurs but as they were knocked back with a $3.75billion (£3.1billion) offer and have skin in the game with us at £160+million they may and hopefully want to build us into another 'complete' club like Spurs

By 'complete' I mean stadium, sponsors, multiple revenue streams, other sports and events on pitch and a 'well known top 6' brand.

Total guesswork as no one here knows their motives.

But a team who have a great reputation in this area wont want to tarnish it.

My guess with the 51% is only that they see the best way to recoup their investment being for them to take control now.

Perhaps previously they had hoped 777 would pay them back and were only focused on Spurs

Now the pieces have moved on the board.

Im all for them.

I agree mate. But in his egotistical maniac head, he honestly believed he was what’s best for Everton.
I'm just so thankful that he had nothing at all to do with the new ground and won't be there to invite himself to cut the blue ribbon / hog the media limelight before the first game / honour himself with a stand in his name, etc.

It would have been poetic if we'd have gone down last season as it would have put a ribbon on all his 'hard' work for three decades, but thank God we didn't.

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

I suspect they wanted a 'complete' club in Spurs but as they were knocked back with a $3.75billion (£3.1billion) offer and have skin in the game with us at £160+million they may and hopefully want to build us into another 'complete' club like Spurs

By 'complete' I mean stadium, sponsors, multiple revenue streams, other sports and events on pitch and a 'well known top 6' brand.

My guess with the 51% is only that they see the best way to recoup their investment being for them to take control now.

Perhaps previously they had hoped 777 would pay them back and were only focused on Spurs

Im all for them.
Cheers Zat. So Augsberg are one of their stable and MSP want to sell . Why ? To increase liquidity to move on Everton or Spurs ?

The other football teams Estoril , Beveren , Brondby and a 2nd tier Spanish team are pretty insignificant. Do they have a track record of investing and transforming the fortunes of those clubs?

I'd really like to know why you are all in on them.

I can't see anything that persuasive so far.

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

Im all for them.
They tick every box for me.

Just hope our mate @BeardedScotsman was right when he said it looked a goer.

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

Im all for them.
I thought McLaren F1 had been fully taken over by the Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund?

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

most of their football clubs are minnows. Think a couple have just been relegated?

They don’t own McLaren and never have. They had a minority stake.

He doesn’t own the Phoenix Suns, he owns a minority stake.

Apart from that, spot on.

One of about 15'000.

Narrows it down a bit.

Joking aside, when they mention Saudi Royals without naming them it's because they don't want to be named and keep their spending on the qt.

The ones with real power and wealth don't mind being named because they're generally untouchable. Every few years they'll have a crackdown on reckless spending an few royals are 'jailed' for months in a five star resort whilst their bank accounts recover.

….i think I read yesterday he was partner in a hotel business with somebody from Middle East but I can’t find the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back