Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp. All on the board with Moshiri. All complicit to the farce Everton have become.

Being an Evertonian doesn't mean they can make everything better (of course the romantic in us all wishes that we're true, same as we've always had a love affair with managers who have played for Everton)

What we need right now is the debt restructured, a plan put in place and some financial stability. That might be Downing & Bell, it might not.

But after the last 30 years of having supposed Evertonians overseeing this club in some form or another, I honestly wouldn't be against a Martian from outer space been given a go at running the club

Agree. What we don't need is some fly by knight promising the earth but going when it gets tough.

Its all well and good saying who's in your consortium, it's more important how willing all these grids are to back the club.

Talk is cheap and I just get the feeling everyone is leaking stuff to the press to push their camps narrative.

Big thing for me is we haven't heard a peep from MSP....that's because they're confident in what they bring to the table,they don't feel the need to push a narrative because they know they're good at what they do.
They are good at what they do, but I think they've already shown there hands with us. Stadium Stadium Stadium, If that now means having to purchase the club, they could put it up for sale in 12 months whilst keeping hold of the Stadium rights.

Other than being in London it's probably the same reason they've been chasing spurs.

I didn't say it did.
But I firmly believe that we wouldn't have ran so close to administration, broke multiple rules and wasted so much money if we had someone with the clubs interests at heart.

Hand on heart do you see two Everton fans running the club into the ground much the way Moshiri has?

Nope!

Anyone can source a piece of literature and frame it to suit a narrative. Allow me to try... which would you pick:

If EFC were to finish 14th every season for eternity

Or

If EFC were to finish 14th every season for eternity... except for 1 season we get relegated but come back up winning the championship that year, smashing every side, cheap tickets and record points tally.

Yes, I would choose the latter.

Thanks for playing @Dad watched Dixie

lol lol 😂 with ya days out to Preston away

ON YOUR OWN! ON YOUR OWN!
ON YOUR OWN!

It’s at the same time gratifying that so many have seen what we see… that the club is s tremendous asset, now floundering due to the destruction of value by its current owner…

…and infuriating, that FM wasted a year playing footsie with the undercapitalized and possibly criminal enterprise 777, when a proper ownership group could have come forward, and maybe even a bidding war, of sorts, inasmuch as possible for a club laden with such debt

Yes, I actually I do.

Why they be any different to Moshiri? They should share his desire for Everton to improve, Moshiri didnt go out of his way to ruin the club, it just happened.

I dont see how 2 Everton fans would do it differently.

Its like you missed the last 30 years with bill at the helm.

*edit, Kenwright is also a prime example of why an Everton fan is bad to have in charge, he gave up selling us to The City owners due to his desire for him to be centre stage and not put Everton first. If you owned Everton, are you EVER giving up that dream?
And of course every Evertonian is a replicate of Kenwright 🤔

And of course every Evertonian is a replicate of Kenwright 🤔
No, of course not mate.

But Jinks said he couldnt see an Evertonian ruining this club, which I thought a silly comment considering we watched Kenwright do it for over 30 years.

There is nothing to suggest anybody else would, Everton fan or not.

Got a horrible feeling it's gonna end up being MSP ( and whoever they partner up with ) They've been on the scene since the beginning, and if it wasn't for 1 of our many debt companies, It probably would already have been.

Got a horrible feeling it's gonna end up being MSP ( and whoever they partner up with ) They've been on the scene since the beginning, and if it wasn't for 1 of our many debt companies, It probably would already have been.

That's the part that surprises me, last week MSP were buying Spurs, before that they had the option to buy us, with 777 failing to pay up for that deadline, they refused, why now what's changed ?

That's the part that surprises me, last week MSP were buying Spurs, before that they had the option to buy us, with 777 failing to pay up for that deadline, they refused, why now what's changed ?
Dunno m8, They do seem a strange company with all this, Maybe Levy and Moshiri wont let them have control of the Stadiums, as that's what they're really Looking at. they want to partner up for the club, whilst whoever else comes in looks after the club, they charge us for the use of the Stadium.

That just can't happen. that is our Stadium and has been our one shining light for a long time...

( I suppose with spurs it's also the location. But then they are also stuck dealing with Levy.. )

Mosh will sell at cost* after he's flogged a few assets to make it worth his while? Hammering out the specifics in negotiations. The TV money just turned up and covered X Y and Z and the accountants can wrap up some of the squad outs and thus reduce monthly overheads? We're in a tricky spot is right.

How much have season ticket prices increased? And what's the offer lined up for BMD tickets thereafter for renewals? It's all about cash in the coffers and reducing the outs. "We'd need to sell a Wayne Rooney talent every season" he said. Grim.

Bit of recon lids, via IMS:

Vatche Manoukian​

Vatche joined IMS as a partner in January 2024. He began his professional career in the UK as a Project Finance lawyer at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner before moving to the US to help a private family office build, develop and operate one of the largest and most successful gaming and entertainment companies in the world.

He leveraged his experience with building businesses and project execution to start investing in and joining the boards of early stage CPG marketing platform ventures such as Wecheer.IO and renewable energy technology ventures such as Standard Gas Technologies.
Vatche received his LLB Hons law degree from University College London, along with completing the Venture Capital Executive Education programme at Columbia University Business School

Ed Myer​

Ed(ward) Myer was appointed Partner at IMS Digital Ventures in 2023. Ed is responsible for investments at the Myer Family’s Yulgilbar Group of Companies and a Non-Executive Director at private investment company Wallaby Downs. Ed is the co-founder of Horizons, a global network of Next-Generation family offices focusing on investment, education, collaboration and networking. Previously, Ed worked at Pendal Group, one of Australia’s leading Fund Management businesses with over $100bn under management across Asia, America and Europe. Ed also spent three years building a new mobility start-up, Placie, backed by $8bn ASX-listed company Carsales.com. Prior to this, Ed spent three years in Hong Kong working for JP Morgan in their Chief Investment Office and Treasury departments.

Sounds to me like theyre simply putting the deal together and represent the interests of wealthy families and groups.

Very promising, but without information I am still in favour of MSP.

Sports investments & ownership
Offered $3.75billion for Spurs

= Experience and Wealth.

BK to me isn't an Everton fan. He's a con artist. Shyster who used Everton.

I dont think Bell and Downing are like that. The evidence certainly points to them not being like that.

I've never seen the club run so close to the wall as it is now. I genuinely think that a genuine Everton fan would make the decisions needed now more cautiously and differently to this other bid, who, seem to have popped up from the same London scene that Moshiri hangs about in.

Being an Everton fan doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a good owner but if you look at most of the clubs whom have faced oblivion in the top two divisions, it's nearly always owners whom have zero connection to the club who scurry off and leave others picking up the pieces.

As for Moshiri. There's been so much conjecture surrounding his reign that he didn't actually do much to improve the club. He simply relied on hand outs and when they dried up, zoned out.
You have absolutely no way of knowing that with all due respect. None of us do so let’s not pretend otherwise.

Bit of recon lids, via IMS:

Vatche Manoukian​

Vatche joined IMS as a partner in January 2024. He began his professional career in the UK as a Project Finance lawyer at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner before moving to the US to help a private family office build, develop and operate one of the largest and most successful gaming and entertainment companies in the world.

He leveraged his experience with building businesses and project execution to start investing in and joining the boards of early stage CPG marketing platform ventures such as Wecheer.IO and renewable energy technology ventures such as Standard Gas Technologies.
Vatche received his LLB Hons law degree from University College London, along with completing the Venture Capital Executive Education programme at Columbia University Business School

Ed Myer​

Ed(ward) Myer was appointed Partner at IMS Digital Ventures in 2023. Ed is responsible for investments at the Myer Family’s Yulgilbar Group of Companies and a Non-Executive Director at private investment company Wallaby Downs. Ed is the co-founder of Horizons, a global network of Next-Generation family offices focusing on investment, education, collaboration and networking. Previously, Ed worked at Pendal Group, one of Australia’s leading Fund Management businesses with over $100bn under management across Asia, America and Europe. Ed also spent three years building a new mobility start-up, Placie, backed by $8bn ASX-listed company Carsales.com. Prior to this, Ed spent three years in Hong Kong working for JP Morgan in their Chief Investment Office and Treasury departments.

….do we know who the reported Saudi Royal is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back