Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s at the same time gratifying that so many have seen what we see… that the club is s tremendous asset, now floundering due to the destruction of value by its current owner…

…and infuriating, that FM wasted a year playing footsie with the undercapitalized and possibly criminal enterprise 777, when a proper ownership group could have come forward, and maybe even a bidding war, of sorts, inasmuch as possible for a club laden with such debt
I'm still at a loss to see why Moshiri gave 777 an extension. Is it because they were prepared to continue to pay the bills?

Got a horrible feeling it's gonna end up being MSP ( and whoever they partner up with ) They've been on the scene since the beginning, and if it wasn't for 1 of our many debt companies, It probably would already have been.
Why is it a horrible feeling?

No reason why they wouldn't be competent owners, working hard to reduce the debt.

Vatche Manoukian with 109 votes... Seems to be a popular choice. I've missed out on this guys interest in the take over. Why's he such a popular choice on here?

Ah, that explains it. Maybe Moshiri isn't as dumb as I thought. I wonder at what stage he realised he'd made a mistake giving them exclusivity? Obviously there has been a lot of toing and froing between both parties that we are unaware of but I'm so relieved that 777 are now history. Ownership wise - I doubt we've heard the last of them.

Got a horrible feeling it's gonna end up being MSP ( and whoever they partner up with ) They've been on the scene since the beginning, and if it wasn't for 1 of our many debt companies, It probably would already have been.

If there was a group that had alot of experience of owning Sports teams.

Were in high regard reputationally

Wanted to buy Spurs for $3.75billion

Would you be excited if they bought Everton?

Because that is MSP.

Because that is MSP.
Only thing that sticks with me about MSP is that they've had the opportunity to buy the club before 777, and didn't take it. I get that they are experienced sports franchise owners, and well funded, but we're they hoping for spurs and not Everton?

Only thing that sticks with me about MSP is that they've had the opportunity to buy the club before 777, and didn't take it. I get that they are experienced sports franchise owners, and well funded, but we're they hoping for spurs and not Everton?
It's not relevant mate...The lads at City wanted us,got knocked back,bought City and went on to make them successful.

Abramovich wanted United and got Chelsea.

These investments groups are interested turning sports franchises around and for whatever reason they want to do it with us now.

Because that is MSP.
Only thing that sticks with me about MSP is that they've had the opportunity to buy the club before
It's not relevant mate...The lads at City wanted us,got knocked back,bought City and went on to make them successful.

Abramovich wanted United and got Chelsea.

These investments groups are interested turning sports franchises around and for whatever reason they want to do it with us now.

777, and didn't take it. I get that they are experienced sports franchise owners, and well funded, but we're they hoping for spurs and not Everton?
MSP sound good but do we have any idea what their plans are for Everton?

Obviously a big chunk of the debt is owed to them which presumably is converted to equity.

What about the rest of the debt ?

How are they actually funded and what level of assets and liquidity do they have?

Do they own any other football teams and if so where would we rank in hierarchy?

Why didn't they buy Everton when they had the chance to do so?

BK to me isn't an Everton fan. He's a con artist. Shyster who used Everton.

I dont think Bell and Downing are like that. The evidence certainly points to them not being like that.

I've never seen the club run so close to the wall as it is now. I genuinely think that a genuine Everton fan would make the decisions needed now more cautiously and differently to this other bid, who, seem to have popped up from the same London scene that Moshiri hangs about in.

Being an Everton fan doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a good owner but if you look at most of the clubs whom have faced oblivion in the top two divisions, it's nearly always owners whom have zero connection to the club who scurry off and leave others picking up the pieces.

As for Moshiri. There's been so much conjecture surrounding his reign that he didn't actually do much to improve the club. He simply relied on hand outs and when they dried up, zoned out.
Think he was a genuine fan,just a crap businessman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back