Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can source a piece of literature and frame it to suit a narrative. Allow me to try... which would you pick:

If EFC were to finish 14th every season for eternity

Or

If EFC were to finish 14th every season for eternity... except for 1 season we get relegated but come back up winning the championship that year, smashing every side, cheap tickets and record points tally.

Yes, I would choose the latter.

Thanks for playing @Dad watched Dixie
I'll take the longest in the top division trophy every time. Every year a celebration.

No, but being an Evertonian doesn't automatically make you the best choice to run the club. I just want someone to come in and get us out of our current financial mess, Everton fan or not I don't care.

I didn't say it did.
But I firmly believe that we wouldn't have ran so close to administration, broke multiple rules and wasted so much money if we had someone with the clubs interests at heart.

Hand on heart do you see two Everton fans running the club into the ground much the way Moshiri has?

I didn't say it did.
But I firmly believe that we wouldn't have ran so close to administration, broke multiple rules and wasted so much money if we had someone with the clubs interests at heart.

Hand on heart do you see two Everton fans running the club into the ground much the way Moshiri has?
Yes, I actually I do.

Why they be any different to Moshiri? They should share his desire for Everton to improve, Moshiri didnt go out of his way to ruin the club, it just happened.

I dont see how 2 Everton fans would do it differently.

Its like you missed the last 30 years with bill at the helm.

*edit, Kenwright is also a prime example of why an Everton fan is bad to have in charge, he gave up selling us to The City owners due to his desire for him to be centre stage and not put Everton first. If you owned Everton, are you EVER giving up that dream?

Last edited:

Yes, I actually I do.

Why they be any different to Moshiri? They should share his desire for Everton to improve, Moshiri didnt go out of his way to ruin the club, it just happened.

BK to me isn't an Everton fan. He's a con artist. Shyster who used Everton.

I dont think Bell and Downing are like that. The evidence certainly points to them not being like that.

I've never seen the club run so close to the wall as it is now. I genuinely think that a genuine Everton fan would make the decisions needed now more cautiously and differently to this other bid, who, seem to have popped up from the same London scene that Moshiri hangs about in.

Being an Everton fan doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a good owner but if you look at most of the clubs whom have faced oblivion in the top two divisions, it's nearly always owners whom have zero connection to the club who scurry off and leave others picking up the pieces.

As for Moshiri. There's been so much conjecture surrounding his reign that he didn't actually do much to improve the club. He simply relied on hand outs and when they dried up, zoned out.

Yes, I actually I do.

Moshiri was a YOLO owner that made decisions based on vibes (Ronald Koeman), so I can’t see them being worse to be fair. If they don’t have the funds outright to purchase the club, thats what worries me greatly. Even if you make good decisions that could be an uphill battle.

Being an Everton fan doesn't automatically qualify someone to be a good owner
Being an Everton fan doesnt qualify anybody as anything.
Moshiri was a YOLO owner that made decisions based on vibes (Ronald Koeman), so I can’t see them being worse to be fair. If they don’t have the funds outright to purchase the club, thats what worries me greatly. Even if you make good decisions that could be an uphill battle.
Oh it would be pretty hard for anybody to do a worse overall job as Moshiri.

Being an Everton fan doesnt qualify anybody as anything.

Oh it would be pretty hard for anybody to do a worse overall job as Moshiri.

Well yes granted it doesn't but just because I would prefer someone with an Everton connection to be in charge doesn't mean i expect them to be similar to BK.

I do however worry greatly that if Moshiri passes the club to someone who doesn't care then we really could face oblivion and quickly.

You mean like Burnley did in 2022/23, got promoted and relegated from PL in 2023/24?

I imagine Burnley fans had a far more enjoyable season in the championship rocking up 101 points playing good attacking football than we did getting beat most weeks in the Premier League as we hung on to 16th playing turgid football.

I suppose its what do you want out of supporting your football club to what opinion you hold of my notion. I have always maintained unless we're winning things or in the conversation of winning things then I have little interest in what league we're in as midtable for midtable sake is dour, boring & repetitive.

That view point often means I am accused of longing only for "oil blood money" or "wanting to win the play offs" when all it means is that I know what is required for EFC to succeed in modern day football. A big takeover is the only opportunity we have to break into the elite.

The likes of Bell & Dowling, MSP, 777 etc. cannot satisfy my aspirations for this once great football club. Thats not to say I wont support whoever comes in because I will, however I have to be honest with my evaluation of each candidates merits and what they bring to the table.

So far, none of the names in the frame particularly excite me, I am hopeful more than anything that the global consortium are a front of some kind for gulf state cash but we will have to see. A lot of stuff being leaked at present, some that is outlandish and confusing like statements on Evertonian millenials etc.

I don’t see how it would be sustainable for them without it affecting the club. They would have to do everything perfectly and come up with some source of outside revenue. It’s not impossible- I just think that there would be better options available.

I imagine Burnley fans had a far more enjoyable season in the championship rocking up 101 points playing good attacking football than we did getting beat most weeks in the Premier League as we hung on to 16th playing turgid football.

I suppose its what do you want out of supporting your football club to what opinion you hold of my notion. I have always maintained unless we're winning things or in the conversation of winning things then I have little interest in what league we're in as midtable for midtable sake is dour, boring & repetitive.

That view point often means I am accused of longing only for "oil blood money" or "wanting to win the play offs" when all it means is that I know what is required for EFC to succeed in modern day football. A big takeover is the only opportunity we have to break into the elite.

The likes of Bell & Dowling, MSP, 777 etc. cannot satisfy my aspirations for this once great football club. Thats not to say I wont support whoever comes in because I will, however I have to be honest with my evaluation of each candidates merits and what they bring to the table.

So far, none of the names in the frame particularly excite me, I am hopeful more than anything that the global consortium are a front of some kind for gulf state cash but we will have to see. A lot of stuff being leaked at present, some that is outlandish and confusing like statements on Evertonian millenials etc.
That could be anyone. I am kind of in the same boat on Manou. We need more clarification. “Millenials” shouldn’t even need to be mentioned. I am fine with young upstarts- but young upstarts with no experience or qualification doesn’t really get me interested. Hopefully more info to come

I didn't say it did.

Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp. All on the board with Moshiri. All complicit to the farce Everton have become.

Being an Evertonian doesn't mean they can make everything better (of course the romantic in us all wishes that we're true, same as we've always had a love affair with managers who have played for Everton)

What we need right now is the debt restructured, a plan put in place and some financial stability. That might be Downing & Bell, it might not.

But after the last 30 years of having supposed Evertonians overseeing this club in some form or another, I honestly wouldn't be against a Martian from outer space been given a go at running the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back