Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which has been taken out against the club by *checks notes* the current owner Farhad Moshiri, yes?
bingo.gif

You've come to that conclusion based on what exactly ?

I'm not the one advocating massive loans being put on our new wonderful stadium sir. I would like to hear your explanation as to why you think that is a great thing for our club.
Continued defence of Moshiri when he kept making mistake after mistake, continually believing the only way to be successful is blood money

There’s no real evidence that that is what they’ll do because, believe it or not, neither have come out and actually said it. It’s purely press speculation

Bit of recon lids, via IMS:

Vatche Manoukian​

Vatche joined IMS as a partner in January 2024. He began his professional career in the UK as a Project Finance lawyer at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner before moving to the US to help a private family office build, develop and operate one of the largest and most successful gaming and entertainment companies in the world.

He leveraged his experience with building businesses and project execution to start investing in and joining the boards of early stage CPG marketing platform ventures such as Wecheer.IO and renewable energy technology ventures such as Standard Gas Technologies.
Vatche received his LLB Hons law degree from University College London, along with completing the Venture Capital Executive Education programme at Columbia University Business School

Ed Myer​

Ed(ward) Myer was appointed Partner at IMS Digital Ventures in 2023. Ed is responsible for investments at the Myer Family’s Yulgilbar Group of Companies and a Non-Executive Director at private investment company Wallaby Downs. Ed is the co-founder of Horizons, a global network of Next-Generation family offices focusing on investment, education, collaboration and networking. Previously, Ed worked at Pendal Group, one of Australia’s leading Fund Management businesses with over $100bn under management across Asia, America and Europe. Ed also spent three years building a new mobility start-up, Placie, backed by $8bn ASX-listed company Carsales.com. Prior to this, Ed spent three years in Hong Kong working for JP Morgan in their Chief Investment Office and Treasury departments.

Looking into these dudes more, Manoukian has just recently started working at IMS, Myer hasn’t been there very long either - both have had roles in family investment offices in the past - similar to the Dell thing. Additionally their experience seems to be in the area of tech start ups or managing companies.

Where’s the money coming from here.

Exactly what I was wondering.

I am hoping they're somewhat of a front for some very wealthy people, similar to the Saudi's supposedly being backers of Chelsea's US Group.

Manoukian's father supposedly has links to the Sultan of Brunei and if there is a Saudi Royal involved, maybe there is more than meets the eye.

I just hope its not a ploy to drive up the price for one of MSP / B&D or a marketing stunt to get Manoukian's company name out there.

Looking into these dudes more, Manoukian has just recently started working at IMS, Myer hasn’t been there very long either - both have had roles in family investment offices in the past - similar to the Dell thing. Additionally their experience seems to be in the area of tech start ups or managing such companies.

Screenshot_20240609_220241_Chrome.jpg

Course he isn’t, he only cares about oil money for bragging rights rather than the future of the club

Never forget he was actively advocating relegation and financial ruin over staying in the Premier League, all for a day out at Wembley at some hypothetical play offs.

Needs to stick to getting old dears to write him into their wills, via his spiritualist Patreon account.

Your ballsack hero has put around £500m worth of debt against this club; so yes there is

Interest free "debt" which is no different to what pretty much every owner does (maybe apart from Man City). Roman Abramovich did the same at Chelsea.

B&D's loan from MSD secured against the stadium will be subject to a high interest rate based on their loans to other clubs in England.

It appears you and Stevie need a lay down.

Exactly what I was wondering.

I am hoping they're somewhat of a front for some very wealthy people, similar to the Saudi's supposedly being backers of Chelsea's US Group.

Manoukian's father supposedly has links to the Sultan of Brunei and if there is a Saudi Royal involved, maybe there is more than meets the eye.

I just hope its not a ploy to drive up the price for one of MSP / B&D or a marketing stunt to get Manoukian's company name out there.
Thing is mate you threw your weight behind these guys pretty quickly but as our mate @Neiler has rightly pointed out we don't know much about this mob other than the fella leading the consortium has a successful uncle.

Me You and @Neiler could lead a consortium and say every Tom,[Poor language removed] and Harry are involved and in the end it's all just a big blag.

We've got to be very careful about who we're getting into bed with,especially after the 777 nonsense we've just been through.

There is a lot of people that will be trying use our notarity to further themselves and their companies and these could be the same.

Looking into these dudes more, Manoukian has just recently started working at IMS, Myer hasn’t been there very long either - both have had roles in family investment offices in the past - similar to the Dell thing. Additionally their experience seems to be in the area of tech start ups or managing such companies.

There just aren’t any clear cut favorites here which is quite concerning. I like what I hear about the debt being cleared from Manou’s side, but that could be a load of crap as well. Preferably somebody practical with a fat wallet and desire to win comes in. There is so much uncertainty surrounding all of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back