Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A joint venture with MSP seems more likely now. Both their loans could be turned into assets.
So do we really need Evertonians as owners?

Serious question, and I’m neither pro nor anti AJ Bell, I’m just glad we have interested parties galore.

Bill Kenwright was a blue and ultimately I feel it hindered things. On the other hand he knew the club inside out.

Serious question, and I’m neither pro nor anti AJ Bell, I’m just glad we have interested parties galore.

Bill Kenwright was a blue and ultimately I feel it hindered things. On the other hand he knew the club inside out.

Bill Kenwright is definitely not the reason why we should have a blue as Owner, the only thing I enjoyed about his ownership/ Chairmanship, was when someone made that hallowed trip to the Canal...I
Would not mind Bell / Downing, they seem astute businessmen, but they need serious financial backing behind them.

Bill Kenwright is definitely not the reason why we should have a blue as Owner, the only thing I enjoyed about his ownership/ Chairmanship, was when someone made that hallowed trip to the Canal...I
Would not mind Bell / Downing, they seem astute businessmen, but they need serious financial backing behind them.
If they haven’t got said serious financial backing, then we should move on to whoever has.

This is not a time or subject for sentiment.

We don't *need* an Evertonian owner. It isn't a pre-requisite to someone having the club's interests at heart, but the advantage is that, an Evertonians, we can be relatively certain they wouldn't be here to asset strip the club and makes us tenants in our own new ground.

The thing I think people need to remember is that being an Evertonian doesn't equal being Bill Kenwright. Kenwright didn't fail because he was a blue, he failed because he was a control freak who believed that he, and only he, was uniquely placed to know what was best for the club when in reality that was pretty far from the truth. It is possible to be an Evertonian and also run the club in a manner that is required, but by the same token it's equally possible for a non-Evertonian to do the same. There is no mega-wealthy bid that is going to clear our debts with 100% equity injections and leave us debt free, so that being the case you need to judge each case on its merits (very difficult without all of the info). Bell and Downing shouldn't be dismissed because of the Kenwright hangover, but equally they shouldn't be blindly accepted either.

My fear is as Evertonians - who aren’t loaded - they are more likely to say
“You’ve had good times” be satisfied with being mid table Everton.
Or “Everton that” even.
I’d rather the club be driven by someone who doesn’t know these supposed limitations and wants to make us something better.

My fear is as Evertonians - who aren’t loaded - they are more likely to say
“You’ve had good times” be satisfied with being mid table Everton.
Or “Everton that” even.
I’d rather the club be driven by someone who doesn’t know these supposed limitations and wants to make us something better.
I don't think it matters who owns us to an extent we do have to accept what we are nobody likes it but thats the way football has gone we aren't going to become title challengers overnight if it ever happens its going to be a long slow process because thats the reality of how the game works these days and its important we do get it because otherwise people are going to get annoyed really quickly about a situation nobody can do anything about.

Noel Gallagher quoted this morning :

“When I explain it to Sonny, my youngest lad, I think the perfect analogy is: ‘If you want to know what it used to be like, look at Everton’,” Gallagher began.

“If City hadn’t been bought by Sheikh Mansour, it would have been takeover after takeover, all sorts of f***wits coming in, failure and broken promises.

“I look at Everton at the bottom of the league, points deductions, and I think: ‘There but for the grace of God go us’. Because that would have been us, or possibly even worse.”

Noel Gallagher quoted this morning :

“When I explain it to Sonny, my youngest lad, I think the perfect analogy is: ‘If you want to know what it used to be like, look at Everton’,” Gallagher began.

“If City hadn’t been bought by Sheikh Mansour, it would have been takeover after takeover, all sorts of f***wits coming in, failure and broken promises.

“I look at Everton at the bottom of the league, points deductions, and I think: ‘There but for the grace of God go us’. Because that would have been us, or possibly even worse.”
It's true. Hope for the day I can say the same thing as him tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back