Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they haven't come up to scratch.
Or they've realised they aren't the only show in town.
Looks a little desperate to me.

Edit
Also puts to bed the theory Dell where backing them.
I mean if they were they wouldn't be passing round the begging bowl.
Not necessarily. It was his “family office” that was said to be interested in putting in. That might still be the case, but the Dell family investment managers don’t want to put in more than x.

edit: but yeah, that does sound like they are at/beyond the limit of their finances; as Farhad said, it’s basically impossible for even wealthy individuals to compete against the money now in the game

Last edited:
Can see moshiri's smug little grin, whilst rubbing his hands together, constantly shifting the goal posts of his asking price.

Imagine if he managed to completely pee every interested part off by asking for more and more money, to the point ALL interested parties tell him to do one.

In fact, ive pictured him appearing on Dragons Den. Talking a load of [Poor language removed] and telling them all the financial details currently at the club.

"Let me tell you where i am, i think your crazy to think that what you're proposing has any merits. Sadly i wont be making an offer. I wish you good luck. Your going to need it. IM OUT"

Last edited:
Can see moshiri's smug little grin, whilst rubbing his hands together, constantly shifting the goal posts of his asking price.

Imagine if he managed to completely pee every interested part off by asking for more and more money, to the point ALL interested parties tell him to do one.

Getting rid of him is the number 1 priority. I honestly don’t care who for, I do not have the energy that some folk seemingly have to microscopically analyse every single interested party to find which ones would be absolutely perfect 100% guaranteed successes with no downsides or compromises whatsoever. I just want this current owner’s reign of terror to be over.

Getting rid of him is the number 1 priority. I honestly don’t care who for, I do not have the energy that some folk seemingly have to microscopically analyse every single interested party to find which ones would be absolutely perfect 100% guaranteed successes with no downsides or compromises whatsoever. I just want this current owner’s reign of terror to be over.
Yep, because the difference is..he doesnt want to be here one little bit, whilst all these other interested parties DO.
That alone merits getting him out and getting this sorted... asap

Thanks for 3 dreadful seasons Farhad, please move on.

I agree mate just want him gone. He is capable of ballsing up negotiations with all interested parties where they all end up walking away.

Unfortunately this process so far is classic Moshiri. We've all seen over the years his knee jerk decisions without a plan, followed by the drawn out process he goes through when selecting a new manager. He's swayed so easily by whoever advises him. Who knows who he's being advised by in this current process. I full expect him to screw up this sale, if he's not already done so.

In fact, ive pictured him appearing on Dragons Den. Talking a load of [Poor language removed] and telling them all the financial details currently at the club.

"Let me tell you where i am, i think your crazy to think that what you're proposing has any merits. Sadly i wont be making an offer. I wish you good luck. Your going to need it. IM OUT"
I am not 100% convinced he is actually looking to sell, very suspicious after the long drawn out process with 777. If history repeats itself with this latest exercise I think we then know the answer.

I do not have the energy that some folk seemingly have to microscopically analyse every single interested party to find which ones would be absolutely perfect.
Particularly when most of the analysis is based on limited information, the blanks getting filled in with idle speculation and guesswork

The only question should be:

On the information available, do you think they'll do a better job than the generous yet idiotic Farhad Moshiri?

The answer will invariably be yes.

I am not 100% convinced he is actually looking to sell, very suspicious after the long drawn out process with 777. If history repeats itself with this latest exercise I think we then know the answer.
It's pretty clear he doesn't want to - or can't - put any more money in.

777 were unable to raise the funds for the purchase - I don't think that was Moshiri dragging it out - he gave them as much time as he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back