Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The articles about Roma as the focal point are based on a statement by Lina Souloukou, AS Roma CEO, at the Globe Soccer Europe Award held in May.

She said, with regard to the Friedkin Group's expansion strategy: "Roma will remain the crown jewel".

https://sport.quotidiano.net/calcio...enzione-di-vendere-vogliamo-crescere-f622915e

If you translate the article, you'll find these exact words. The fact is, at the time she had been asked about Cannes. To be honest - and it's one of the reasons I'm so interested in this deal - when I read such statement I felt something was out of place, because you don't feel compelled to say Roma will remain the top priority when on the other side you have a club like Cannes, that will certainly grow in the future, but currently plays at amateur level.

A few days ago, when I first read about Friedkin's interest in Everton, i connected the dots. It's very likely Souloukou already knew about all this at the time of the statement.

Still, I find these words misleading. I think they'll try to develop both clubs as much as they can. I cannot think of someone who buys a historic Premier League side without a serious growth project in mind. On the other hand, they've already invested almost 1 billion euros in Roma, it would be crazy to just stop and focus on Everton.

Either they have some sort of strange joint growth strategy in mind or they're setting things up to sell Roma.

Even if fans worst fears are true and Everton are given nothing & all attention is on Roma, it would still be better than what we’ve had since the Ukraine war started, an uninterested owner with no money. Realistically though they’re paying over 600 million for Everton and I imagine they’ll want their investment to succeed.

few days ago, when I first read about Friedkin's interest in Everton, i connected the dots. It's very likely Souloukou already knew about all this at the time of the statement.
If as you say she knew about this deal when she made that statement which looks like it was made in march, it makes you wonder why Moshiri kept giving 777 extended time to get their bid over the line.

He'll bin Z-Cars before we reach BMD that's for sure.

Have you seen what he did with Romas badge?

We're going American.
Hopefully he'll bin some of the dated stuff we have now which, although it suits the old lady, really needs to move into the modern era.
Not sure where that leaves zcars or the badge but we have to start moving with the times I guess.

1000036954.webp

:red:

It is certainly possible to run Roma and Everton well and successfully without sacrificing one for the other.

The right approach is to put in place strong executive teams that can implement your strategy with limited oversight, pursuing sustainable, self-supporting operations with a focus on developing and acquiring younger players with smart player trading that enhances rather than drains resources.

In our case I suspect Chong (maybe as COO), Thelwell and Dyche will all remain in situ but a new CEO and/or CFO in the first year should probably be a priority. Friedkin has recently shifted Roma more to the sustainable approach outlined above so I would expect it to be implemented day one at Everton.

Might he sell Roma with Saudis sniffing? Maybe, if the price is right but there is no financial need to do so. Let us wait for the deal to be confirmed and approved and for them to set out their plans before we leap to conclusions about what it means for us and Roma. Hopefully we can both benefit. It 99% probably cannot be worse than the threat of 777.

It is certainly possible to run Roma and Everton well and successfully without sacrificing one for the other.

The right approach is to put in place strong executive teams that can implement your strategy with limited oversight, pursuing sustainable, self-supporting operations with a focus on developing and acquiring younger players with smart player trading that enhances rather than drains resources.

In our case I suspect Chong (maybe as COO), Thelwell and Dyche will all remain in situ but a new CEO and/or CFO in the first year should probably be a priority. Friedkin has recently shifted Roma more to the sustainable approach outlined above so I would expect it to be implemented day one at Everton.

Might he sell Roma with Saudis sniffing? Maybe, if the price is right but there is no financial need to do so. Let us wait for the deal to be confirmed and approved and for them to set out their plans before we leap to conclusions about what it means for us and Roma. Hopefully we can both benefit. It 99% probably cannot be worse than the threat of 777.
I think way too much is being made of which would be the "top" club, in reality even if this could be defined it would likely make little practical difference.

The man has his fingers in a huge number of pies and I'm sure he will understand the need to delegate to the right people and allow them to run each individual business to its maximum potential.

Maybe there will be times when the two clubs could help each other out but he is simply paying way too much to get into Everton for it to be in anyway subordinate or a feeder. There is money to be made from buying Everton but only if it is run well and with the best resources he can give it, and he will know that.

Good little story about the Roma CEO, I would presume we would appoint our own, but she talks a good game.

….bit wary of football administrators who talk like politicians. As we saw with DBB and Thelwell, it has to be about what they do than what they say. Hopefully the new owner can see through such types.

From comments on here, it seems Roma have had DOF struggles themselves, so it’s unlikely we’re joining a solid player recruiting system.

….bit wary of football administrators who talk like politicians. As we saw with DBB and Thelwell, it has to be about what they do than what they say.

From comments on here, it seems Roma have had DOF struggles themselves, so it’s unlikely we’re joining a good scouting system.
No thats fair, you should always judge people by their actions, not their words.

But to be fair to Danny boy he has backed up his words with some actions.

And I know you aint KTs biggest fan, but we have been linked to some decent players that he sadly didnt have the funds to pull the trigger on, so who knows what the future brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back