Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth can Everton ever be second fiddle to Roma? We're in the biggest, most televised league in world football. I don't believe he'll retain Roma anyway. He'll sell them for a quick profit to the Saudis.

Where this capital appears to be coming from IMHO
He's already stated they're situation at Roma will be unchanged.

Tomorrow should be the day about Gazzetta.

As you may notice if you translate the article, Roma fans are afraid their club might come second when Everton is "fixed".

Imho, either they'll sell Roma in 2-3 years or there will be equal treatment.

You think we should go down the multi-club ownership route and play second-fiddle to Roma and goodness knows who else when he adds to his portfolio?

I put Everton first.

Freidkin's model is a train wreck waiting to happen for us.
I know he is minted and all that but nobody not even billionaires spend half a billion quid on a historically great English club with one of the best new stadiums to then have it play second fiddle. On the contrary, if anything they will see both clubs as their flagships and treat them both equally and want both of them to bring them fame and fortune in the future.

I mean this is just something people on here have completely made up in their heads.

Stands to reason.

I any case, being a stable mate to any football club(s) is an abomination.

It's just accepting the commodification of football to such an extent that you're willing to dilute your own precious identity.

I dearly hope this 'deal' with Friedkin falls through.

We can do much better than being an appendage to 'The Friedkin Group'.

I'm staggered that so many Evertonians are that desperate they'd whore themselves out to this bid.

I know he is minted and all that but nobody not even billionaires spend half a billion quid on a historically great English club with one of the best new stadiums to then have it play second fiddle. On the contrary, if anything they will see both clubs as their flagships and treat them both equally and want both of them to bring them fame and fortune in the future.

I dont believe that for a minute. They will hierarchise as a business.

Still and all there's that identity issue I spoke of above.

Tomorrow should be the day about Gazzetta.

As you may notice if you translate the article, Roma fans are afraid their club might come second when Everton is "fixed".

Imho, either they'll sell Roma in 2-3 years or there will be equal treatment.
Do you think a reason could be the stadium problems you have. Is interesting to see what tthe scouting nextwork between the clubs is or is it separate. Also what he does with the board here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back