Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say Roma is easier to develop on the pitch. We're already near the top 4 and the financial resources needed to make a step further are limited, given the relative "weakness" of the competitors and the league as a whole. Two good transfer windows could be enough not just to get UCL football but to start competing for the first place. On the other hand, completing the stadium project will be difficult and take time. And the league as a whole won't help revenue growth.

On the other hand, Everton can be easily developed outside the pitch, but the high level of competition in the premier League might make things difficult on the football side.
It's surely in his interests to have two successful teams,
it doesn't have to be one or the other.
If he does OK.at Everton with the new ground ect ,the rewards could be Hugh .
We have been run like an amateur football club for far to long.

It's surely in his interests to have two successful teams,
it doesn't have to be one or the other.
If he does OK.at Everton with the new ground ect ,the rewards could be Hugh .
We have been run like an amateur football club for far to long.
I think the Saudis will come in for Roma.

They tried this winter.

Stands to reason.

I any case, being a stable mate to any football club(s) is an abomination.

It's just accepting the commodification of football to such an extent that you're willing to dilute your own precious identity.

I dearly hope this 'deal' with Friedkin falls through.

We can do much better than being an appendage to 'The Friedkin Group'.

I'm staggered that so many Evertonians are that desperate they'd whore themselves out to this bid.

I'm staggered that you have found something else to moan about, how do you fit all this whinging in ? Oh yes I forgot, you can tell everyone you were right and everyone else was wrong again can't you..let's just see how it pans out for once, before you murder him please..

I think the Saudis will come in for Roma.

They tried this winter.

I agree. It seems to me that is why he/his group are so flush with ready capital

The big difference to AS Roma and Everton, we own our own stadium. That means that the capital will immediately be put into a revenue generating fixed tangible asset.

AS Roma lease time for their stadium that is owned by the government (via a government agency)

Everton also is an asset that can grow naturally, due to previous incompetent ownership. AS Roma he's done what he needed to and can profit-take now to Saudis

1000024057.webp

It must now be them... I've got a song.

One Vision

Just give me... Dan friedkin

Another thing you can give me.... Is my coat.

But you know you'll be singing it, in your heads. Enjoy.

I'll definitely roll the dice on the multi-club model from a guy with a history of sound business bets over a 777 grifting scheme, some KSA runt, a gaming company or Farhad. The idea of that one of the world's wealthiest people is going to become a blue and make us the center of their business and life is probably farfetched. So I would settle for being one of the central pieces in a portfolio of well-managed and well-funded projects/assets.

Heard an argument earlier that in 10 years most clubs will be part of a multi club group, the arguement is apparently “it’s the future”.

When you actually look around the PL a good few clubs have involvement or someone with a stake involved in multi club.

It’s an interesting one is it a fad that will be bet down by UEFA or is it the future,,,…

My own take is: Instinctively I’m against, but that’s prob because it’s different to what we have been or what football has been, but I’m also open minded, you ignore change at your peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back