Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staggered that you have found something else to moan about, how do you fit all this whinging in ? Oh yes I forgot, you can tell everyone you were right and everyone else was wrong again can't you..let's just see how it pans out for once, before you murder him please..
You backed Moshiri until a few weeks ago...excuse me for being vigilant.

I agree. It seems to me that is why he/his group are so flush with ready capital

The big difference to AS Roma and Everton, we own our own stadium. That means that the capital will immediately be put into a revenue generating fixed tangible asset.

AS Roma lease time for their stadium that is owned by the government (via a government agency)

Everton also is an asset that can grow naturally, due to previous incompetent ownership. AS Roma he's done what he needed to and can profit-take now to Saudis

will this feller be able to let us buy players?

Do they have direct quotes from Danny boy?
No, but it makes for an interesting read:

All that's missing is the announcement, but within a short time the Friedkin group will own Everton, shelling out 650 million euros. The English club, currently owned by Farhad Moshiri, will change hands due to having accumulated almost 400 million in debt which will be covered by the Texan group. Friedkin, after receiving the green light from the Premier League, will own 94% of the shares and will start a restructuring of the company with new managers and aiming for new objectives. In short, a process that is reminiscent of that of 2020 when Pallotta sold Roma to the Houston billionaire. The fans' fear, however, is that the president's attentions are all directed towards the Premier League. Certainly, putting the accounts in order and finding a new balance will force him to dedicate a lot of energy to the English project, but this does not mean that Roma will be set aside. Indeed, it is certain that new synergies will arise in the future that can only do good for both companies. Something similar has already been happening for a few years in Germany between Leipzig and Salzburg which are both owned by Red Bull. Furthermore, Roma will still remain the flagship of the Friedkin group's football galaxy which includes Cannes in addition to the Giallorossi. It is true that the Premier League is a much richer league than the Italian one and the new Everton stadium located at the Bramley-Moore pier will be inaugurated within a couple of years, but the name Roma has a much more significant specific weight than many other companies spread across Europe and the world. Building a stadium in the Italian capital can have a huge impact on the group's accounts, which is why the process continues to move forward.

I dont know. They'll probably try and knock Moshiri down and he wont buy it and then we're into another round of competing parties? 🤷‍♂️

We will know this week, there is 40 mill due to LOR, if they pay that, it’s done.

Here’s my take. Long term the multi club model is a play for a ESL eventually. Instead of individual clubs holding a lobby. These groups can lobby collectively or be courted by a league - to move a collection of clubs to said league, with one decision and one deal.

I think this is the long term play of these groups.

An ESL will happen in some form in the future. The clubs are becoming more powerful then the leagues, eventually FIFA will back and cut the legs out from under UEFA and a deal will be struck with domestic leagues, won’t be a war like the last time, it will pass with consent with everyone’s nose in the trough.

This is the long term play IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back