Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will know this week, there is 40 mill due to LOR, if they pay that, it’s done.

Sounds about right.

Here’s my take. Long term the multi club model is a play for a ESL eventually. Instead of individual clubs holding a lobby. These groups can lobby collectively or be courted by a league - to move a collection of clubs to said league, with one decision and one deal.

I think this is the long term play of these groups.

An ESL will happen in some form in the future. The clubs are becoming more powerful then the leagues, eventually FIFA will back and cut the legs out from under UEFA and a deal will be struck with domestic leagues, won’t be a war like the last time, it will pass with consent with everyone’s nose in the trough.

This is the long term play IMO.

Could be mate. A Euro Super League is definitely still in play.

I wonder also if another yank owner in the PL is pushing us nearer the end of collective bargaining over tv deals. They'll have an eye on individually as clubs broadcasting their own games on multiple platforms. I think that's the end game here, and the importance of TFG - another shoulder to the wheel to push that through. 🤷‍♂️

You guys need to try and understand cause and effect. He WAS the right person (well we all know it wasn't him as such), but at the wrong the time. He and his business partner were people who would throw massive money at the situation, which is what we always wanted. We wouldn't have failed PSR as the naming rights to the stadium would have kicked in and in turn allowed us not to be forced into player sales.

When that could no longer happen, that loss, along with the rest of the sponsorship we already had with USM put us on this dire path. The biggest mistake was made at this point when he thought someone like Benitez could help arrest that slide by running on a budget, this might have not occurred had we still been able to spend.
No, it had already gone wrong before Ukraine. The club were run by idiots and interfering idiots at that. There was no way that type of terrible on-field and off-field governance could be sustained.

Da know what mate...fair play to Chongy.

He's just cracked on.

He's probably done more in a year than all of the other previous lot done in their entire time here.

He's been chronic

He denied what happened 14 January 2023 and claimed people "misunderstood"

He also laughably claimed the stadium financing "was to a plan"

That's fantasy. They messed up big time and had to go to pay day lenders. That's not a plan.

I'd sack him. Day 1. Just after David Prentice and Richard Kenyon who are first out the door. Plus others on my list in my little black book.

I look forward to new ownership relieving them of their positions

Why would they do that Dave. We owned many companies, there was no hierarchy. Each stood on their own two feet and the performance of each was all that mattered. It’s not one or the other, it’s develop and grow all that you’ve got……
If Roma are gatecrashing the Big 3 of Inter, Juventus and Milan again there's no way TFG wouldn't be looking to prioritise spending on them. That's just natural.

IMO we're more likely to be used as a cash cow to fund a tilt at Serie A and Europe for their 'flagship' club-company.

This has the potential to get very nasty and messy.

Spot on.

I have nothing negative to say about Chong. Cracking on in a dysfunctional environment reporting to an erratic owner.

I have no idea if he's the calibre of candidate they want to be CEO moving forwards if not, I hope he has the opportunity to stay in another role should he want it.
100% mate... brought in to oversee a stadium build and the next thing he's representing the club during historic PSR charges.

If Roma are gatecrashing the Big 3 of Inter, Juventus and Milan again there's no way TFG wouldn't be looking to prioritise spending on them. That's just natural.

IMO we're more likely to be used as a cash cow to fund a tilt at Serie A and Europe for their 'flagship' club-company.

This has the potential to get very nasty and messy.
On the other hand we might get owners who know how to run a football club and we achieve some level of success. Right now I’d take that

Colin Chong has been a joke as explained in my post quoted below. Can't believe some of what I'm reading here.

He should be removed by the new owners. Immediately

I agree, and on merit I hope he is retained in some capacity. I assume there would be a new CEO and board, but like Dyche, he has just got on with the job under extraordinary circumstances.

100% mate... brought in to oversee a stadium build and the next thing he's representing the club during historic PSR charges.

He's been chronic

He denied what happened 14 January 2023 and claimed people "misunderstood"

He also laughably claimed the stadium financing "was to a plan"

That's fantasy. They messed up big time and had to go to pay day lenders. That's not a plan.

I'd sack him. Day 1. Just after David Prentice and Richard Kenyon who are first out the door. Plus others on my list in my little black book.

I look forward to new ownership relieving them of their positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back