Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the concerns with the multi-club model. You would assume that Friedkin is very keen on getting us into Europe, and there seems to be no clarity on what happens then? I guess this is the general direction of travel in the game, but it does take a bit of mental gymnastics to attempt to rationalise it. If there is to be an announcement today, then Roma fans are bound to look at it with some uncertainty for them as it is for us. I do think that on paper at least, that Friedkin is the most credible bidder so it has to be considered against that. In my book they get a chance to show what they can do. I don't think there is a comparison in Europe for this, Everton and Roma are pretty comparably sized in my view, though I'd say our growth potential is considerably higher than theirs. It wouldn't raise questions if he owned clubs similar to those in the MSP portfolio for example. What if next season, Friedkin was to buy, say, Stuttgart, for example? I don't think I'd be happy about that.

I can see why an investor wants to diversify their portfolio, but whilst football is a global business the comparisons to other industries only go so far. I don't see the multi club model being based on rationalisation and co-operation and I'd wonder in that sense why someone would go down this road. But you would have to have at least some respect for what Friedkin and his family have achieved in business. He is not at all comparable to Moshiri. In that sense, if this goes through, I would be reasonably confident that we will be a well-run club which opens up possibilities that have not been open to us in the modern era.

I understand the concerns with the multi-club model. You would assume that Friedkin is very keen on getting us into Europe, and there seems to be no clarity on what happens then? I guess this is the general direction of travel in the game, but it does take a bit of mental gymnastics to attempt to rationalise it. If there is to be an announcement today, then Roma fans are bound to look at it with some uncertainty for them as it is for us. I do think that on paper at least, that Friedkin is the most credible bidder so it has to be considered against that. In my book they get a chance to show what they can do. I don't think there is a comparison in Europe for this, Everton and Roma are pretty comparably sized in my view, though I'd say our growth potential is considerably higher than theirs. It wouldn't raise questions if he owned clubs similar to those in the MSP portfolio for example. What if next season, Friedkin was to buy, say, Stuttgart, for example? I don't think I'd be happy about that.

I can see why an investor wants to diversify their portfolio, but whilst football is a global business the comparisons to other industries only go so far. I don't see the multi club model being based on rationalisation and co-operation and I'd wonder in that sense why someone would go down this road. But you would have to have at least some respect for what Friedkin and his family have achieved in business. He is not at all comparable to Moshiri. In that sense, if this goes through, I would be reasonably confident that we will be a well-run club which opens up possibilities that have not been open to us in the modern era.
We need to stay in the PL next season before we start thinking about Europe.

Even with the takeover we've still got troubled waters to navigate.

And Dave fuming because Dan’s arl fella was a republican
To be honest I'd be worried if he wasn't fuming.

Death, Taxes and Dave finding something to moan about.

He could go to a grab a granny night in some run down boozer, take home some mid 90s Carmen Electra lookalike and still complain about something.

It's all rather comforting.

Da know what mate...fair play to Chongy.

He's just cracked on.

He's probably done more in a year than all of the other previous lot done in their entire time here.
Spot on.

I have nothing negative to say about Chong. Cracking on in a dysfunctional environment reporting to an erratic owner.

I have no idea if he's the calibre of candidate they want to be CEO moving forwards if not, I hope he has the opportunity to stay in another role should he want it.

Roma are a good proxy for Everton- similar turnover, similar historical profile in their league - and similarly not doing so well when Freidkin & co. took them over. If he can right that ship he can right ours. That’s how I choose to look at it.

Bill Foley bought Bournemouth the other season. Also has a chunk in FC Lorient.

Will be the same thing but bigger. But we're the bigger cash cow.

And honestly there hopefully some benefits from the youth development side too because sending a prospect to Roma is better than Preston

Da know what mate...fair play to Chongy.

He's just cracked on.

He's probably done more in a year than all of the other previous lot done in their entire time here.
I agree, and on merit I hope he is retained in some capacity. I assume there would be a new CEO and board, but like Dyche, he has just got on with the job under extraordinary circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back