Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You backed Moshiri until a few weeks ago...excuse me for being vigilant.

It's not vigilance, it's being a killjoy and yes I backed him because he put his money where his mouth was, his mistake was keeping the wrong people in employment and being incredibly nieve. He was the wrong person in the end I accept that. I accept I was wrong, something you could never do...

I assume they mean an exclusivity period will be announced tomorrow, not a full takeover. Announce it & we can all start to worry less about all this financial nonsense
This is very likely true.

I suppose though that the progress could be a lot further along than would make sense. It's entirely possible that the end of the 777 exclusivity period was "less than exclusive".

This is very likely true.

I suppose though that the progress could be a lot further along than would make sense. It's entirely possible that the end of the 777 exclusivity period was "less than exclusive".
Yes. Given that the Friedkin group already owns a club in very good standing, and all of their businesses are running without issue, we can probably assume that in terms of time this will be a lot quicker than the last debacle.

Heard an argument earlier that in 10 years most clubs will be part of a multi club group, the arguement is apparently “it’s the future”.

When you actually look around the PL a good few clubs have involvement or someone with a stake involved in multi club.

It’s an interesting one is it a fad that will be bet down by UEFA or is it the future,,,…

My own take is: Instinctively I’m against, but that’s prob because it’s different to what we have been or what football has been, but I’m also open minded, you ignore change at your peril.
Yeah, I wouldn't say I support it, just that a good multi-club scenario might be considerably more favorable than a poor single club owner (our recent history).

I don't fault @davek and others for being wary. I'm not from Merseyside and Everton supporter as I am, my identity and history isn't intertwined with the club like so many of you. I'd certainly love for some through and through Blue to buy the club and make it his life's work, but I just don't think those are the times we're in. That considered, the proposal of FG seems a reasonably good outcome in my mind.

I'm staggered that you have found something else to moan about,
You are? It was inevitable.
I hope this fella does a Jim Ratcliffe on it and basically starts running the show long before he is ever officially cleared by the PL. We have no time to lose.
Not sure how UK employment law works these days but everyone needs to reinterview, from the receptionists to Chong. It will ruffle a few feathers and maybe an uncomfortable place for a few weeks but it has to happen.

There's for too much dead weight around the place, the club needs people who bring genuine value. Over 120 people in the Comms and media dept FFS!

FC Cosy of Walton created under Uncle Bill needs to die.

A grown man typing that.
Hang on, do you really think either of the two obvious wind ups of the past 36 hours had something genuinely worthwhile sharing from inside the deal making process????

I was genuinely interested in what yesterday's chap had to say until someone pointed out a post he'd made in a separate thread asking how to get in touch with Deloitte. (Despite the claimed two decades of experience working in the investment industry) I mean, come on. It's like a professional landscaper walking into Primark asking where they keep the lawnmowers.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I can say with 99.9% certainty that neither yesterday's poster or 'the insider' (lol) brought anything to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back