Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did my research on the dodgers

There are 30 mlb teams and they are the 6th most successful side. They won the World Series in 2020 for the first time in 32 years.

They are currently 1st in the national league west. They apparently got swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks last season 3-0 in the playoffs.

They seem to have a knack for playing well in the regular season but bottling it in the playoffs.

Seems like they are the Everton equivalent in baseball to some degree.
Are you messing, they are Real Madrid compared to us, we’ve had no trophy on nearly 30 years and have skirted relegation for the last few years.

Just did my research on the dodgers

There are 30 mlb teams and they are the 6th most successful side. They won the World Series in 2020 for the first time in 32 years.

They are currently 1st in the national league west. They apparently got swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks last season 3-0 in the playoffs.

They seem to have a knack for playing well in the regular season but bottling it in the playoffs.

Seems like they are the Everton equivalent in baseball to some degree.
The Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA in 1958.
I’d be up for moving the Toffees to somewhere like Hawaii.

The number of interested parties itself is a source of confidence. I may be being too optimistic or hopeful here but I have a feeling what we are seeing now is a lot of people chancing completing a sale quickly while their is still financial uncertainty and the stadium is incomplete. And I think the "big boys" are waiting for the 777 stuff to be fully resolved and the stadium to be completed.

The downside of this theory is that it means we have Moshiri until at least January, the upside is that we'll be sold to people with the actual means to invest into the club and the area surrounding the stadium (and hopefully the Goodison legacy too).

The number of interested parties itself is a source of confidence. I may be being too optimistic or hopeful here but I have a feeling what we are seeing now is a lot of people chancing completing a sale quickly while their is still financial uncertainty and the stadium is incomplete. And I think the "big boys" are waiting for the 777 stuff to be fully resolved and the stadium to be completed.

The downside of this theory is that it means we have Moshiri until at least January, the upside is that we'll be sold to people with the actual means to invest into the club and the area surrounding the stadium (and hopefully the Goodison legacy too).

“waiting” isn’t helping us!

Don't trust all these consortiums we get linked with. We/Mosh need to clear 777's existing debt and wipe there name from our club. And then bring Friedkin back to the table ( Tell Mosh to do one, over these extra payments he wants ) and sort things out over nice cuppa tea and biscuits.

( Or a Businessman like Friedkin )

“waiting” isn’t helping us!
The stadium costs are secured and sources close to the club all predict that we will be compliant with FFP.

Add in the fact that Dyche and Thelwell know what they're doing on the footy side. A betting man would back Everton to comfortably stay up again next season.

I know there a doom mongers out there that wanna try and whip up fears of administration mate but we really aren't close to it at the moment.

Don't trust all these consortiums we get linked with. We/Mosh need to clear 777's existing debt and wipe there name from our club. And then bring Friedkin back to the table ( Tell Mosh to do one, over these extra payments he wants ) and sort things out over nice cuppa tea and biscuits.

( Or a Businessman like Friedkin )

I honestly think that's all it is mate. The 777 stuff is needlessly messy and complicated for the serious players and they won't touch us until it's resolved. Fingers crossed that it's sooner rather than later.

the type of investor consortium always concerns me….they’re only shared objective is to make money, what should concern us all more though is Moshiri’s behaviour in negotiations and his motivations and ability to pick the right buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.