Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTQ3EhoXEAE__Gi

i like his shirt

but there is only room for 1 Kev at Everton

so time to move on Thelwell

Kieran Maguire saying that our shares should only be worth a pound at this point with our debt.

- 800 million quid stadium
- 300 million quid squad
- playing in the prem with all its exposure and TV money

Pretty sure that works out at more than a quid a share like

Kieran Maguire saying that our shares should only be worth a pound at this point with our debt.

- 300 million quid squad

Did I read somewhere that Kieran Maguire said on a podcast that there is already an offer on the table from someone in London worth £400million?

- 300 million quid squad

He's likely right. If the club was worth all of the debt plus what Moshiri wants for his shares, the Friedken deal would have closed.

One point to make, the stadium cost 800 million to build. That's not what it's worth.

He's likely right. If the club was worth all of the debt plus what Moshiri wants for his shares, the Friedken deal would have closed.

One point to make, the stadium cost 800 million to build. That's not what it's worth.
Comes down to the desire to own a PL football club and a nice stadium really doesn't it - supply is very limited - demand seems to be lukewarm.

If a buyer actually wants to make money then I agree that 800 million is a lot and not paying for itself anytime soon.

Perhaps Mosh/Uz thought it was a slam-dunk to attract oil money when they started out but the world economy has been a bit gutted in the meantime (Covid, war etc.)

Textor closing in on selling his crystal palace stake and apparently looking to buy 80% in an unkown club, but reports are that he hasnt looked at everton since friedkin won the race.

Comes down to the desire to own a PL football club and a nice stadium really doesn't it - supply is very limited - demand seems to be lukewarm.

If a buyer actually wants to make money then I agree that 800 million is a lot and not paying for itself anytime soon.

Perhaps Mosh/Uz thought it was a slam-dunk to attract oil money when they started out but the world economy has been a bit gutted in the meantime (Covid, war etc.)

I read somewhere that there are at least 6 PL clubs for sale, in whole or part, at the moment.

There aren't buyers out there who don't want to make money...not anymore, the numbers are too high.

I understand the sentiment about the oil money, but if you look back at all those sales, those clubs didn't have near the debt we do.

I read somewhere that there are at least 6 PL clubs for sale, in whole or part, at the moment.

There aren't buyers out there who don't want to make money...not anymore, the numbers are too high.

I understand the sentiment about the oil money, but if you look back at all those sales, those clubs didn't have near the debt we do.
Given the debt, we were effectivly trying to sell the club to Friedkin for £600m (debt) + 50m (Moshes shares) + whatever fees ?

Given the debt, we were effectivly trying to sell the club to Friedkin for £600m (debt) + 50m (Moshes shares) + whatever fees ?

The debt is probably closer to 650 I think. Someone posted earlier that Moshiri wants an earn out as well above the 50 million. so it's probably closer to 800-900 million in total. I can't see how the cash flow supports that.

The debt is probably closer to 650 I think. Someone posted earlier that Moshiri wants an earn out as well above the 50 million. so it's probably closer to 800-900 million in total. I can't see how the cash flow supports that.
Certainly if you had that 800 million there are easier ways to make a return - like loaning it to a desperate football club at 10%.

Shame mosh cant just stump up the complete debt and sell the club with brand spanking new stadium for 900 million-ish.

Surely the club is worth more to him that way?

Debt free with no massive loan interest payments bleeding the club, and a brand new stadium where out of season events/concerts could go straight into owners bank account. Also if they can get a stadium sponsor that again, they could pocket.
With the actual team benefitting from increased gate income and corporate income, i dont see why its not worth that.

Tom boehly (spelling) spent over 2 billion for chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back