Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debt free with no massive loan interest payments bleeding the club, and a brand new stadium where out of season events/concerts could go straight into owners bank account. Also if they can get a stadium sponsor that again, they could pocket.
With the actual team benefitting from increased gate income and corporate income, i dont see why its not worth that.

Tom boehly (spelling) spent over 2 billion for chelsea.
Newcastle was bought for 300m.

But why would Moshiri spend ANOTHER 650m on clearing the debts in the hope that somebody would give him 900m?

It seems a very stupid business decision on his part.

That would mean his total outlay would be 1.4billion.

Debt free with no massive loan interest payments bleeding the club, and a brand new stadium where out of season events/concerts could go straight into owners bank account. Also if they can get a stadium sponsor that again, they could pocket.
With the actual team benefitting from increased gate income and corporate income, i dont see why its not worth that.

If it's not worth 900 million with debt, it's not worth 900 million without debt. How the purchase is financed is irrelevant. The fact seems to be that the assets of the club likely aren't worth 900 million.

Chelsea is in...Chelsea - have you seen house prices there ?

The Mosh will be back to the Roma owner - I will pay for that indemnity insurance for £200 million as those offers will not please him he needs 800 million - he was a plonker last week - out of his depth as per usual - let a good deal go - a complete idiot !
Offers of 400 million allegedly will leave him with nothing ....

“The issue does appear to be the outstanding loan to 777. This is where the root of the problem is, and the legal position 777 find themselves in. It’s very muddy.

“It’s not clear whether they have used the club as collateral, and whether that loan could be owed to another group because of the legal action they face.”

“On this, I’m afraid I have to blame Farhad Moshiri. He was warned about 777 and their pedigree.

Last edited:
If someone comes up with the 200million to pay the 777 loan, does that get rid of that issue or is it more complicated than that?

If someone comes up with the 200million to pay the 777 loan, does that get rid of that issue or is it more complicated than that?

I believe the issue is that the price is too high with paying that off in full. So paying that off means Moshiri gets less, hence the impasse.

The issue seems to be where that money has come from (ie where have 777 borrowed it from?) and given the ongoing court case, the 200m may not need to be payed. So, as a potential buyer, you are hypothetically giving someone money it was never theirs to use in the first place or, a court rules, that debt isn't worth 200m and it's closer to 100m and you've wasted 100m.

Im sure a financial wizard may be better placed to provide nuance though.

The issue seems to be where that money has come from (ie where have 777 borrowed it from?) and given the ongoing court case, the 200m may not need to be payed. So, as a potential buyer, you are hypothetically giving someone money it was never theirs to use in the first place or, a court rules, that debt isn't worth 200m and it's closer to 100m and you've wasted 100m.

so nobody wants to buy us incase they have to pay who ever 777 got it off?

doesn’t make sense you can’t be paying f

He's likely right. If the club was worth all of the debt plus what Moshiri wants for his shares, the Friedken deal would have closed.

One point to make, the stadium cost 800 million to build. That's not what it's worth.

It's probably a few things, mate. Maybe they feel Moshiri was asking too much. Maybe the legal stuff tied up in 777 was just a risk they don't wanna take on, once it's resolved I imagine they'll be back in.

I know the stadium isn't worth it's cost, but it's a lucrative an asset is it not? Could easily be used to generate more revenue. Basically, I'm quite sure the club is worth more than a quid a share.

Seems about how I understand it. The suggestion seems to be TSG wanted to pay off the debt but cant, since there is a legal disagreement over who gets 777's debts, as if they pay the 200m the court comes back in a year and says "X is actually who it should have been paid to" so now they paid to the wrong party and still owe 200m.

I think the other idea is they DONT want to pay off the debt yet(or either TFG and Mosh want to wait to see if they get a discount), but the legal case limbo causes risk with them leaving it and interest piling up. It doesnt quite make sense to me why they cant pay back 777 directly and that money isnt held by the courts in escrow until they decide who it belongs to.

It's probably a few things, mate. Maybe they feel Moshiri was asking too much. Maybe the legal stuff tied up in 777 was just a risk they don't wanna take on, once it's resolved I imagine they'll be back in.

I know the stadium isn't worth it's cost, but it's a lucrative an asset is it not? Could easily be used to generate more revenue. Basically, I'm quite sure the club is worth more than a quid a share.

It is, but I can't think it throws enough cash off to make a big return. It's why many teams in the US demand public money to construct stadia.

I still think that Moshiri will retain an equity stake as part of any deal. That will bridge the gap between what he is looking for and what a buyer can offer.

You could argue that whatever tactics he has used to date are likely to bring him to a point where he is still in situ on completion of the stadium as it is.

Seems about how I understand it. The suggestion seems to be TSG wanted to pay off the debt but cant, since there is a legal disagreement over who gets 777's debts, as if they pay the 200m the court comes back in a year and says "X is actually who it should have been paid to" so now they paid to the wrong party and still owe 200m.

I think the other idea is they DONT want to pay off the debt yet(or either TFG and Mosh want to wait to see if they get a discount), but the legal case limbo causes risk with them leaving it and interest piling up. It doesnt quite make sense to me why they cant pay back 777 directly and that money isnt held by the courts in escrow until they decide who it belongs to.

They can if a court agreed it. Friedkin didn't want to. Which is fair as why would you want to let £200mill just sit off under a locked legal case for months? Another potential buyer may bite the bullet and do so.

If it was some Saudi Oil takeover...this wouldn't be an issue IMO as they'd do the above because it's monopoly money to them.

Personally think Moshiri should do it. But he won't as he wants a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back