Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the cap on a leveraged buy out. It limits the debt placed on the club by the acquirer as part of the deal not the acquired debt. The latter is at PL discretion.

MSP would have to capitalise a substantial part of their current loan to comply with the acquisition leverage rule but they would convert anyway in the deal you suggest. They do not necessarily need new cash or to pay down other debt to comply with the PL rules unless the PL specifically make it a condition of approval as they did for 777 with MSP’s debt.

Of course a side deal to pay RMF something to have them on board would make sense to stop them trying to block the acquisition of additional shares beyond the debt/equity conversion. £20m is less than I would ask if I was them but if they are confident they will get bought out soon after then yeah, take some £ now.

As for ACap taking a minority share by converting debt, they have issues in USA and need to restructure because they are having to write down and divest 777 ‘assets’. I am sure they would rather have cash than EFC shares but again you take what you can get (but there is a cash alternative if we believe the Bell/Downing briefing).

Even if PL do not make a stipulation on other debt in practical terms any buyer will absolutely need access to funds to restructure debt, but that can obviously be borrowed from BDT & MSD or others by any credible acquirer (in theory).

You have been more certain than I would want to be in your shoes, particularly with Bell & Downing briefing Slater, Joyce and others quite differently. Your confidence is impressive so I doff my cap. You will certainly deserve some ITK of the year award if it pans out. If not, a grand blag should always be admired.

GOT definitely needs an awards night, our very own Oscars! 😉 Make it happen lads.

The blag alarm was set off as soon as he said they were signing draft documents

No one does that. No. One.

The second part is the A-Cap part. By converting to equity they are going directly against what the US state regulators are requiring them to do

Let that be a lesson to you blaggers out there.

Get your facts right, firstly.

Don't say people are going to sign "draft documents"

The blag alarm was set off as soon as he said they were signing draft documents

No one does that. No. One.

The second part is the A-Cap part. By converting to equity they are going directly against what the US state regulators are requiring them to do

Let that be a lesson to you blaggers out there.

Get your facts right, firstly.

Don't say people are going to sign "draft documents"
Damo, Damo, Damo.

Good job I know a 24 hour tattooist. I’m all in!!
IMG_0275.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back