Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it’s on Moshiri as he should sort out the 777 debt. He brought them in he should sort it. Franklin knew about all this before though.
But if you really want something badly you get round it and sort. Instead the club is up for grabs again.Its a risk. Time wasters IMO.
I feel for our supporters though as they’ve been put through the mill enough.
I think looking at Everton as a whole it’s an absolute bargain. Whoever gets it and treat it properly its an amazing club. Mostly because of the fans like.

They put up 200 million, they're not time wasters. This is silly. You're misdirecting the blame. Moshiri created this situation and controls when it ends.

Moshiri is the one "wasting time." He continues to use others to continually refinance debt.

The club is 700 million in debt and Moshiri will be losing his shirt. The club is no bargain, not financially.

My understanding is that failure to repay TFG their loan back by the start of next summer would see TFG obtain 51 percent of Moshiri’s shareholding.

This would be more than the 30 percent being spoken of, but with Moshiri having less than 100% shareholding, I wonder what percentage of the club would be owned by someone acquiring 51% of Moshiri’s shares? Would it be less than 50% of the whole club?
They have security over ALL of Moshiri's shareholding. That and the stadium. They can effectively take control of the club if Moshiri fails to pay the loan back but I doubt very much he'd let it come to that.

They will have a big say in any sort of sale because Moshiri would be selling some of or all of their security.

My understanding is that failure to repay TFG their loan back by the start of next summer would see TFG obtain 51 percent of Moshiri’s shareholding.

This would be more than the 30 percent being spoken of, but with Moshiri having less than 100% shareholding, I wonder what percentage of the club would be owned by someone acquiring 51% of Moshiri’s shares? Would it be less than 50% of the whole club?

If I'm correct, Moshiri owns 94% of Everton shares, so acquiring 51% of that would equate to 48% of the total equity.

I cannot see TFG taking equity purely on a default basis though, and not on the basis where they would have a near equal stake to Moshiri afterwards. They will do it because they want to do it, and accept the associated issues that an equity stake brings with it.

If those conditions aren't there, they imo they will either allow the loan to roll over or some other investor will have stepped in to repay it.

They put up 200 million, they're not time wasters. This is silly. You're misdirecting the blame. Moshiri created this situation and controls when it ends.

Moshiri is the one "wasting time." He continues to use others to continually refinance debt.

The club is 700 million in debt and Moshiri will be losing his shirt. The club is no bargain, not financially.
I think we can agree to disagree about what we are worth with the ground finished. I think we will be worth more than the debt. If not, what’s the point.
Like I say Franklin knew the debt before hand but suddenly after weeks he walks away because of 777 debt. 200M is a loan. He’s on a winner.
Going back to what Everton is possibly worth
I built my own property and when finished it was worth a lot more than the cost of the build. That ground is costing 750-800M?? Everton as a club is worth say 250-300M? Location is a plus.
The potential going forward is also there.

The other thing Moshiri should do though is forget the exclusivity period if there are multiple groups at the table.
Give them all access to the books and see where it goes from there.
Sniff out the time wasters.
But I know he’s an idiot so anything can happen.

Still think Friedkin will return.

Textor talks too much to be taken seriously and he doesn't help selling his Palace stake in doing so.

Friedkin hasnt said a thing other than indirectly and wont.
Surely by saying how badly he needs to sell his shares in Palace , Textor is driving the price of his shares down by saying he is desperate to get rid of them
Doesn’t make sense
At least Usmanov got rid of his Arsenal shares and then bought them back before sending Moshiri up the motorway to buy Everton
Doesn’t make dispense what Textor is doing

I think we can agree to disagree about what we are worth with the ground finished. I think we will be worth more than the debt. If not, what’s the point.
Like I say Franklin knew the debt before hand but suddenly after weeks he walks away because of 777 debt. 200M is a loan. He’s on a winner.
Going back to what Everton is possibly worth
I built my own property and when finished it was worth a lot more than the cost of the build. That ground is costing 750-800M?? Everton as a club is worth say 250-300M? Location is a plus.
The potential going forward is also there.

The other thing Moshiri should do though is forget the exclusivity period if there are multiple groups at the table.
Give them all access to the books and see where it goes from there.
Sniff out the time wasters.
But I know he’s an idiot so anything can happen.
1. This is limited use commercial property, it's value will be based on the cash flows it provides, there's no real market value for it as there is no real market for it.

2. No buyer would agree to this.

Oh shi*...here we go again. 😁

To be honest I've always thought they would come back as soon as the 777 lawsuit is over.

It seems strange to me they have lent 200 million for the stadium just for fun. Let's see what happens.

I agree it’s on Moshiri as he should sort out the 777 debt. He brought them in he should sort it. Franklin knew about all this before though.
2x16_Meat_the_Veals_(40).png

Im not saying... Im just saying......

If you were a successful businessperson, would you buy a minority stake in a football club subject to Moshiri's ownership and his authority to run as he sees fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back