Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not meaning to be rude, but how in god’s name would he know?

tbf I thinks he's trusted within the Everton ranks, and he did say though that he'd be trying to find out where the 30% rumour came from and if there was concrete truth to it.

Compared to some of the journalists who have covered us previously, Joe ain't too bad though like a lot of others he's very careful not to rock the boat.

tbf I thinks he's trusted within the Everton ranks, and he did say though that he'd be trying to find out where the 30% rumour came from and if there was concrete truth to it.

Compared to some of the journalists who have covered us previously, Joe ain't too bad though like a lot of others he's very careful not to rock the boat.

I very much doubt Dan Friedkin has a clue who he is.

Can see you're point and can't argue with it, but for me it's 30% less of Moshiri, plus Ratcliffe seems to have a pretty big say in the way United are run.
Even if Friedkin were to take 30% it’s hard to see that being with Moshiri retaining the other 70%. For starters Moshiri wants done with the whole thing and secondly Friedkin seems risk averse and I can’t fathom he would want to co-own a business with mad Moshiri in the shadow of his sanctioned mate- that’s asking for all sorts of trouble.

Friedkin may well end up minority, that doesn’t seem implausible, but if so someone else would surely have to take the majority.

Perhaps with talk of minority investment, then a consortium is still a possibility? I couldn't see that for Friedkin, but as things develop it can't be ruled out. Ultimately its a question of whether an investor thinks some stake is better having than none.

Still think if Friedkin really is happy to take a minority stake in a club there could be a deal to be done between him and Textor, either involving a minority stake in Everton or one in Crystal Palace.

I reckon Friedkin paid the loan as a way of getting a substantial say in things. He makes it very difficult for other buyers to take over, then eventually buys the club when Moshiri has no other options, at the price he prefers. Maybe?

I get all the theories but what’s disappointing is the fact we need to go through all this again. Everton fans have had enough of this BS.
I’ve accused this lot of being time wasters as we had a few options to begin with. I think if Franklin group purchases 30% it will just complicate things even further.
I’d love us to get somebody that will pay for the lot and get rid of all parties so we have ONE owner and a decent board and move on will no obscene interest payments to boot.
Business is not my strong point mind so who knows. Lack of communication from all concerned has been disgusting as we deserve a lot better from the top.

My understanding is that failure to repay TFG their loan back by the start of next summer would see TFG obtain 51 percent of Moshiri’s shareholding.

This would be more than the 30 percent being spoken of, but with Moshiri having less than 100% shareholding, I wonder what percentage of the club would be owned by someone acquiring 51% of Moshiri’s shares? Would it be less than 50% of the whole club?

You just know where this is going . Moshiri : “ Hello Mr Textor, I will grant you Exclusivity and a look at the books, my standard terms and conditions apply: You have to loan me £200M , which I will use to pay off TFG , and if things don’t progress I’ll owe you £200M” . Are we becoming a giant Ponzi scheme , is Moshiri smarter than we think, or both ?

I get all the theories but what’s disappointing is the fact we need to go through all this again. Everton fans have had enough of this BS.
I’ve accused this lot of being time wasters as we had a few options to begin with. I think if Franklin group purchases 30% it will just complicate things even further.
I’d love us to get somebody that will pay for the lot and get rid of all parties so we have ONE owner and a decent board and move on will no obscene interest payments to boot.
Business is not my strong point mind so who knows. Lack of communication from all concerned has been disgusting as we deserve a lot better from the top.

This is all on Moshiri, 100%. Putting blame on others is illogical, he controls this situation.

I don't think Textor is really that serious about this, again. It's no surprise that his "bid" was leaked the day before the Roma friendly.

In the end I still think TFG will get this over the line, whether it's in stages as the 30% suggests or there's movement elsewhere (Moshiri).

This is all on Moshiri, 100%. Putting blame on others is illogical, he controls this situation.
I agree it’s on Moshiri as he should sort out the 777 debt. He brought them in he should sort it. Franklin knew about all this before though.
But if you really want something badly you get round it and sort. Instead the club is up for grabs again.Its a risk. Time wasters IMO.
I feel for our supporters though as they’ve been put through the mill enough.
I think looking at Everton as a whole it’s an absolute bargain. Whoever gets it and treat it properly its an amazing club. Mostly because of the fans like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back