Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The administration shouts were coming from three sources:

1/ those among our fanbase who cant understand how big this club is

2/ those who cant function as a fan of Everton without a crisis to hold onto to comfort themselves

3/ outsiders who hate Everton, especially in the media, who want us to be down and out forever

Well, they're all going to sit up and take notice soon...

Which one does TheEsk.org fit into?

….wearing his Everton scarf.
I always found his presence quaint. I have over 1,000 football DVDs, and I often double-take when I occasionally watch an old Match of the Day and see our man hob-nobbing with the dark side as they play host to some random victim at the Tin Mine. Different days.

I understood they could have called in their loan and took 51% of the club the other week but didn't. Figured at that point they had no interest in owning the club.
9 months have passed since that deal was negotiated, things have changed, perhaps the numbers didn’t work now. It’s not just about acquiring the asset, but acquiring at the right price.

Isn’t it backed by Dells investment firm not actually Dell himself. Dells investment firm lend money to many clubs as stated by someone earlier in the thread (can’t be arsed to go pages back and find the quote) I would think that would be more likely than Dell himself wanting to part own a club himself.
According to the Esk (I know) he says Dells involvement is different to the loans they have made to other clubs

I want MSP.... purely because I watched Jerry Maguire on a flight back from New York last year and enjoyed it.
i am happy if MSP comes in buys us but it looks likely that they'll lose out Downing and Bell backed by Michael Dell looks a certain to happen

…..if there’s a number of bidders, given they all meet the asking price, what would determine who Moshiri goes with?

I don’t believe he’ll act in the best interest of the club, I suspect he’ll act in his own best interest. Maybe it’s like selling a house, you go with the one who has the money and can complete the sale quickest.
Why would he do what's in Evertons best interests?

He's not a fan and he's never shown any great interest , affinity or empathy with the club or it's supporters.

I suspect that he will sell to whoever has the available cash and who is most likely to pass the PL test .

9 months have passed since that deal was negotiated, things have changed, perhaps the numbers didn’t work now. It’s not just about acquiring the asset, but acquiring at the right price.

Aye, we can only speculate but MSP have decided not to convert their loan to 51% of the club.

Well, the very fact that they are Evertonians keeps being regurgitated in the press. See Sky, for example. Clearly, in a battle for hearts and minds, this is considered an advantage - or, at the very least, something to promote.

I see their attributes purely in terms of their business success - which most of the others also have - and also in their apparent ability to get credible funding in place (via Dell, it seems).

On those terms, they seem like viable contenders. But given we don't know a huge amount about other contenders, it's time to keep an open mind whilst being genuinely hopeful for once.

I see it as they'd need funding which has interest. Others, wouldn't.

That's not to say others wouldn't leverage borrowing onto the club, mind.

But Bell/Downing don't have the cash to buy Everton without borrowing. Others linked, do.

Expecting someone more clued up to come and correct me but thats how I'm reading it.

Why would he do what's in Evertons best interests?

He's not a fan and he's never shown any great interest , affinity or empathy with the club or it's supporters.

I suspect that he will sell to whoever has the available cash and who is most likely to pass the PL test .

….pretty much as I suggested.

We have no way of knowing which is the best deal, for Everton.

Time will judge that, I suppose it depends on the plan going forward, but I suspect all will follow the same path.

1) Buy club
2) Consolidate debt
3) Slowly build up the business side

Given the names and what is their likely MO, we probably need to be prepared for a pretty rough few years, but we will still be a Premier League club with Premier League revenues, so all hope shouldnt be lost.

Aye, we can only speculate but MSP have decided not to convert their loan to 51% of the club.

I see it as they'd need funding which has interest. Others, wouldn't.

That's not to say others wouldn't leverage borrowing onto the club, mind.

But Bell/Downing don't have the cash to buy Everton without borrowing. Others linked, do.

Expecting someone more clued up to come and correct me but thats how I'm reading it.
I get that, but I think anybody who comes in will probably not use their own money, when possible.

Only your Oil States and crazy Russian Oligarchs use their own money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back