Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t actually seen one person suggest they’re the best candidates “because they’re Evertonians”. I have seen lots of people compare them arbitrarily to Kenwright because they’re Evertonians though for some reason.
Well, the very fact that they are Evertonians keeps being regurgitated in the press. See Sky, for example. Clearly, in a battle for hearts and minds, this is considered an advantage - or, at the very least, something to promote.

I see their attributes purely in terms of their business success - which most of the others also have - and also in their apparent ability to get credible funding in place (via Dell, it seems).

On those terms, they seem like viable contenders. But given we don't know a huge amount about other contenders, it's time to keep an open mind whilst being genuinely hopeful for once.

My Xenophobia would rather see 2 Brits in charge than any dirty, dirty Yanks.

The fact that they are Evertonians is a slight concern, in my long time on this forum I have come to realise that Everton fans dont really understand modern football.

But its a coin flip currently.
Blue Knights don't work.

I'd rather have a couple of middle eastern hand choppers than Bell and Downing.

The administration shouts were coming from three sources:

1/ those among our fanbase who cant understand how big this club is

2/ those who cant function as a fan of Everton without a crisis to hold onto to comfort themselves

3/ outsiders who hate Everton, especially in the media, who want us to be down and out forever

Well, they're all going to sit up and take notice soon...
The Administration shouts were from those who wished to push their groups bid forward. The size of the club is irrelevant

Blue Knights don't work.

I'd rather have a couple of middle eastern hand choppers than Bell and Downing.

IMG_9328.webp

Didn't they have the opportunity to take ownership but didn't seem keen?
they had the opportunity yes but wasn't keen i am not sure why though now they're keen on buying us but who knows i think though it's a done deal with Downing and Bell backed by Michael Dell they've got the club MSP has lost out

they had the opportunity yes but wasn't keen i am not sure why though now they're keen on buying us but who knows i think though it's a done deal with Downing and Bell backed by Michael Dell they've got the club MSP has lost out

I understood they could have called in their loan and took 51% of the club the other week but didn't. Figured at that point they had no interest in owning the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back