Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..if there’s a number of bidders, given they all meet the asking price, what would determine who Moshiri goes with?

I don’t believe he’ll act in the best interest of the club, I suspect he’ll act in his own best interest. Maybe it’s like selling a house, you go with the one who has the money and can complete the sale quickest.

Youre both correct of course. Bring in a top CEO and senior management team while being hands off.

Can you envision that happening or might 2 blues want to be hands on?

@mikel_88 Esk has not and never got anything right as far as most can tell.

777 was all conjecture and he could have claimed he was correct even if they bought the club. Due to the style of his posts.

His comments which have been posted on this deal give me pause
If they’ve built businesses, they know how to delegate. Of course they could have been lucky and they’re micro-managers, but AJ Bell is a public company with 1200 employees (just a cursory search) so it seems unlikely.

I don’t know if it’s the best group for the club, the only certainties that can be gleaned at the moment are negatives (a la 777 and their obvious cash problems from the moment they were announced). I don’t really see many obvious financial negatives with the groups put forward thus far, which is a welcome change from 777.

…..if there’s a number of bidders, given they all meet the asking price, what would determine who Moshiri goes with?

I don’t believe he’ll act in the best interest of the club, I suspect he’ll act in his own best interest. Maybe it’s like selling a house, you go with the one who has the money and can complete the sale quickest.
You’ve answered your own question

Of course he'll act in his own best interest.

That's business.

Bill Kenwright - the life-long "true Blue" Evertonian - did likewise. As far as he was concerned, his own "best interest" was in retaining control of the club.

It's also why we should remain skeptical of Bell and Downing. Just because they are Evertonians does not mean they are the best candidates for the club. But they might be. We'll see.

I don’t believe he’ll act in the best interest of the club, I suspect he’ll act in his own best interest. Maybe it’s like selling a house, you go with the one who has the money and can complete the sale quickly.
I guess if they all agree to his asking price then it will come down to what makes the easiest and quickest deal, MSP and Bell and Downing already have some involvement with the club so I imagine it would be between one of them.

Maybe he is mistaking them for Andy and George the Costigan brothers :)

In all seriousness the quality of the Bell/Downing bid depends on the the finer details re the Dell family office involvement.

100%.

Anyone who's worth a couple of million through self made means can be considered business men.

Its the notion on Everton social media that Bell & Dowling are the only hard nosed businessmen out there that I find somewhat peculiar.

The reality is, they will be loaning money against the club via MSD to afford to buy us. Something that isn't too far away from a part leveraged buyout (which was done at Burnley).

If they weren't Evertonians and were 2x multi millionaire yokels from Alabama, you wouldn't have as much support for them as you currently see.

I would say they're winning the populist vote on the basis of them being Evertonians & having name dropped MSD into the media and framed it as them being a consortium.

If you were to look past the propaganda in the press and see that one is a Tory donor, one was a brexiteer who gets intoxicated and chucked out of football grounds, who are loaning money to buy us because they're not wealthy enough to do it themselves, the reality is far more underwhelming than the existent narrative of them being our "saviours".

Kenwright was defended for years on the basis of him supposedly "stabilising" the club from "agent Johnson". Its the same super blue narrative being spun with these gentlemen (imo).

Esk said theres more to it than the straightforward lending with MSD.

Lets see if thats a truthful comment.

Yup, I think an open mind needs to be kept. We had an Evertonian owning the club - and it was disastrous. However, it's all about access to funds. Can these people get access to funds for the club? Are their motives - as Evertonians - more worthy than those of the non-Evertonians circling our carcass? I keep an open mind on that. But, right now, I am enjoying the apparent reality that there is quite a bit of interest in Everton Football Club, and who's to say that more won't be forthcoming.
Yeah good points, we also need to know how close they are as if they fall out then it puts the club at risk of a civil war if things go tits up. Which is what happened with Gregg and Kenwright in 2004 and cost us the Kings Dock and who knows where the club would be if that went ahead.

Of course he'll act in his own best interest.

That's business.

Bill Kenwright - the life-long "true Blue" Evertonian - did likewise. As far as he was concerned, his own "best interest" was in retaining control of the club.

It's also why we should remain skeptical of Bell and Downing. Just because they are Evertonians does not mean they are the best candidates for the club. But they might be. We'll see.

I haven’t actually seen one person suggest they’re the best candidates “because they’re Evertonians”. I have seen lots of people compare them arbitrarily to Kenwright because they’re Evertonians though for some reason.

This is exactly what @davek said a few days back. Once 777 were no longer holding the reins, the real race for Everton would begin.

Administration. Lolz.

The administration shouts were coming from three sources:

1/ those among our fanbase who cant understand how big this club is

2/ those who cant function as a fan of Everton without a crisis to hold onto to comfort themselves

3/ outsiders who hate Everton, especially in the media, who want us to be down and out forever

Well, they're all going to sit up and take notice soon...

At the moment my preference would be Textor or Friedkin. Some concerns, mainly around multi club ownership - but for me, at the moment I figure Bell/Downing would have to borrow/loan a lot.

As I said yesterday though hard to say without knowing the details but my guess is Dells backing is via loans/finance.

there's been two bids for the club

Andy Bell George Downing backed by Michael Dell

MSP Sports Capital

The administration shouts were coming from three sources:

1/ those among our fanbase who cant understand how big this club is

2/ those who cant function as a fan of Everton without a crisis to hold onto to comfort themselves

3/ outsiders who hate Everton, especially in the media, who want us to be down and out forever

Well, they're all going to sit up and take notice soon...
I was :

4) People who like to see the world burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back