Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre both correct of course. Bring in a top CEO and senior management team while being hands off.

Can you envision that happening or might 2 blues want to be hands on?

@mikel_88 Esk has not and never got anything right as far as most can tell.

777 was all conjecture and he could have claimed he was correct even if they bought the club. Due to the style of his posts.

His comments which have been posted on this deal give me pause
Despite what everyone says about the esk, he was telling us all two years ago that we were in big trouble and people mocked him

Paul (TheEsk) knows Andy and George. He respects them and trusts their motives. We are all free to decide whether or not we trust his judgement. It is not that complicated.

We seem to have more and potentially better options than a year ago which is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Dyche kept us up despite points deductions (creating belief he can do it again if needed) and the stadium is a substantially complete structure with the really hard stuff all done.

Yes, debt has climbed to enable all of that but most smart investors are happier managing debt restructures than they are handling complex construction projects. The perceived risk is lower. So is the asking price.

Hopefully Moshiri will choose a capable option. Not something we can feel confident about given his record but we are still in his hands so hope is what we have.

Thanks for saying that he knows them.

At least that gives some logic as to why he was so negative about everything and everyone else.

Also perhaps why he pushed the administration (suicide) solution as he knew they would swoop in.

The rest of your post is spot on.

If they weren't Evertonians very few would be entertaining them as credible owners of a club of our size.

Its why Kenwright was adored for years by many because he was "one of us".
Difference is these guys are 100% business men. Kenwright, although had a very successful theatre business. Was a lovey, who wanted to be upfront with the ego trip. I don't think these guys are?

Youre both correct of course. Bring in a top CEO and senior management team while being hands off.

Can you envision that happening or might 2 blues want to be hands on?

@mikel_88 Esk has not and never got anything right as far as most can tell.

777 was all conjecture and he could have claimed he was correct even if they bought the club. Due to the style of his posts.

His comments which have been posted on this deal give me pause
Getting a top ceo and management team does not mean they cant be hands on, i am sure they have done this in there own companys. Is about sharing the responsibility taking in new ideas, not like kenwright.

How do other clubs manage?
I know we operate at a loss but we sell out every week, get huge tv revenue and sponsorship yet still are Living on the edge!

That 3 year splurge by mosh really did ruin us didn’t it
Your bottom sentence really says it all, plus he didn't even stop... it went right up until now with £100k a week recklessly lashed on Dele Alli, etc.

Literally about £500m has been flushed down the toilet on signing players, paying them massively over the odds then being unable to offload them before releasing them four/five years later after they've contributed essentially nothing to the club, and hiring and firing seven/eight managers and their backroom staff.

Kenwright pulled us into disgraceful debt arrangements, Moshiri plunged us further into financial distress this past year.

Along with having had next to no commercial income, it's caused the situation we're in now. As we're only marginally improving things with regards to player trading, and the Premier League is punishing us multiple times for the same sets of accounts, we're still in trouble this coming season no matter what we do.

The sooner he's gone and the stench of Kenwright is not able to follow us to the new ground, the sooner there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for saying that he knows them.

At least that gives some logic as to why he was so negative about everything and everyone else.

Also perhaps why he pushed the administration (suicide) solution as he knew they would swoop in.

The rest of your post is spot on.
Maybe he is mistaking them for Andy and George the Costigan brothers :)

In all seriousness the quality of the Bell/Downing bid depends on the the finer details re the Dell family office involvement.

Difference is these guys are 100% business men. Kenwright, although had a very successful theatre business. Was a lovey, who wanted to be upfront with the ego trip. I don't think these guys are?

Anyone who's worth a couple of million through self made means can be considered business men.

Its the notion on Everton social media that Bell & Dowling are the only hard nosed businessmen out there that I find somewhat peculiar.

The reality is, they will be loaning money against the club via MSD to afford to buy us. Something that isn't too far away from a part leveraged buyout (which was done at Burnley).

If they weren't Evertonians and were 2x multi millionaire yokels from Alabama, you wouldn't have as much support for them as you currently see.

I would say they're winning the populist vote on the basis of them being Evertonians & having name dropped MSD into the media and framed it as them being a consortium.

If you were to look past the propaganda in the press and see that one is a Tory donor, one was a brexiteer who gets intoxicated and chucked out of football grounds, who are loaning money to buy us because they're not wealthy enough to do it themselves, the reality is far more underwhelming than the existent narrative of them being our "saviours".

Kenwright was defended for years on the basis of him supposedly "stabilising" the club from "agent Johnson". Its the same super blue narrative being spun with these gentlemen (imo).

Anyone who's worth a couple of million through self made means can be considered business men.

Its the notion on Everton social media that Bell & Dowling are the only hard nosed businessmen out there that I find somewhat peculiar.

The reality is, they will be loaning money against the club via MSD to afford to buy us. Something that isn't too far away from a part leveraged buyout (which was done at Burnley).

If they weren't Evertonians and were 2x multi millionaire yokels from Alabama, you wouldn't have as much support for them as you currently see.

I would say they're winning the populist vote on the basis of them being Evertonians & having name dropped MSD into the media and framed it as them being a consortium.

If you were to look past the propaganda in the press and see that one is a Tory donor, one was a brexiteer who gets intoxicated and chucked out of football grounds, who are loaning money to buy us because they're not wealthy enough to do it themselves, the reality is far more underwhelming than the existent narrative of them being our "saviours".

Kenwright was defended for years on the basis of him supposedly "stabilising" the club from "agent Johnson". Its the same super blue narrative being spun with these gentlemen (imo).
Yup, I think an open mind needs to be kept. We had an Evertonian owning the club - and it was disastrous. However, it's all about access to funds. Can these people get access to funds for the club? Are their motives - as Evertonians - more worthy than those of the non-Evertonians circling our carcass? I keep an open mind on that. But, right now, I am enjoying the apparent reality that there is quite a bit of interest in Everton Football Club, and who's to say that more won't be forthcoming?

Last edited:
Loving sky sports news now, Kavi chief sky sports pundit giving the details of Bell's bid which is backed by Dell family.
Isn’t it backed by Dells investment firm not actually Dell himself. Dells investment firm lend money to many clubs as stated by someone earlier in the thread (can’t be arsed to go pages back and find the quote) I would think that would be more likely than Dell himself wanting to part own a club himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back