Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just reads plucky underdogs. I believe it was Brexiteer Dowling that got chucked out.

Really hope its not these pair or MSP that buy the club.

No names in the hat sound great but the Roma owner is at least worth a few billion and has experience in running a decent sized football club.

Roma guy is a no from me.

Trust you to only think of money and not getting the club stabilised, which Bell and Dowling would do given they’re actual business savvy men

Non football or sports related.

At a guess, he got blindsided by a too good to be true offer. They were willing to pump money in straight away and kept doing so. He agreed to it.

The question is why they got into it and stuck at it. Surely after a few months they should have known to cut their losses. Stuck at it like a bad gambler with a poor hand.

If he hadn’t worked out by November that they were absolute clowns and blaggers like everyone else did, then he’s an even bigger monumental moron than even I have given him credit for.

2 Evertonians

VS
A-CAP
VS
MSP
VS
FRIEDKIN
VS
Textor

Theres only Textor and MSP with any sports investment experience.

The two Evertonians may have passion but zero experience in this field.

The way I would want the 2 Evertonians is if a Dell related business came in as a shareholder with at least 10% equity.

Otherwise it seems a risk.
They don’t need experience. They need to be smart enough to put people in charge who do.

If he hadn’t worked out by November that they were absolute clowns and blaggers like everyone else did, then he’s an even bigger monumental moron than even I have given him credit for.
He probably did but either couldn't or didn't want to repay the cash they injected. Better to bleed them out and let them walk. He just didn't count on them hanging around as long as they did.

They don’t need experience. They need to be smart enough to put people in charge who do.
Exactly. City's owners hardly had an extensive football background before making them into an untouchable football machine that became more powerful than the league is plays in.

Moshiri had no experience at Arsenal. He and Usmanov were solely investors.

My concern is mostly due to Esk.

A: Hes been sending such negative messages out when they were at best misinformation.

B: Suddenly hes all gung ho claiming that this is different and a merchant bank linked to Dell has "Sports management expertise"

-- I cant see that anywhere bar (as @Nymzee also said) UFC where they are just an investor.

C: Esk saying "all evertonians should support them"

This chap was welcoming administration not long back

All those things plus their lack of experience are a bit of a negative to me.

Yeah, if hes been asked to be a mouthpiece then i have to question them.
Not sure why the esk is spoken about so much yes he got the 777 stuff right and does have ideas of the finacial side of the club. But for me he is like many on twitter what he thinks is the best for the club or not will not make a difference to me. I like the idea of the two blues in it with a partner with money then them bringing in experience at the board esp somebody who has experience at a football club. The rest can be normal as experience outside football can help bring in new deals and partnerships into the club. Shirt sponsor stadium name ect.

All of this just makes Moshiri’s decision to drag the 777 thing out for 9 months even more bizarre and ridiculous. Clearly there were many, many interested parties all along.
To be fair, Dyche keeps us in PL next season. It totally changes the games. Moshiri have agreed to sell to 777 in last Sep. Before that, everyone even us are worried to be relegated as the point deduction and FSR issues. If I am the interested parties, I would rather buy a cheaper price for a potential championship team.

To be fair, Dyche keeps us in PL next season. It totally changes the games. Moshiri have agreed to sell to 777 in last Sep. Before that, everyone even us are worried to be relegated as the point deduction and FSR issues. If I am the interested parties, I would rather buy a cheaper price for a potential championship team.

Aren’t we just in that exact same scenario now though? We could get relegated next season so why would anyone buy us now when they could drag it out and wait for a whole season? Where does this cycle end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back