Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_8164.webp

Did one of these get lashed out of the boardroom at City or somewhere after a bit of handbags or was that someone else?

The point is that Bell and Downing whilst not having the experience of running a sports club are fantastically successful businessmen in their own right.

Everton needs to be run as a business and these 2 will not only do that but as life long fans will have the best interest of Everton at heart.

The difference in business acumen between them and Kenwright/ Moshiri is night and day.

And Bill searched for a buyer 24/7 for 16 years hmmm

All of this just makes Moshiri’s decision to drag the 777 thing out for 9 months even more bizarre and ridiculous. Clearly there were many, many interested parties all along.
You are probably right, although some may have been worried about our ability to avoid relegation.

View attachment 259980
Did one of these get lashed out of the boardroom at City or somewhere after a bit of handbags or was that someone else?

That just reads plucky underdogs. I believe it was Brexiteer Dowling that got chucked out.

Really hope its not these pair or MSP that buy the club.

No names in the hat sound great but the Roma owner is at least worth a few billion and has experience in running a decent sized football club.

All of this just makes Moshiri’s decision to drag the 777 thing out for 9 months even more bizarre and ridiculous. Clearly there were many, many interested parties all along.
At a guess, he got blindsided by a too good to be true offer. They were willing to pump money in straight away and kept doing so. He agreed to it.

The question is why they got into it and stuck at it. Surely after a few months they should have known to cut their losses. Stuck at it like a bad gambler with a poor hand.

Rumours are rife that he's Put-in his bid and is just awaiting the green light. He wants to annex Merseyside from the rest of the UK, and I for one have no qualms at all about it.
Is that with a small nuclear missile bunker under the pitch that he can nuke Analfield if they beat us in the derby?

I'm baffled why people still ask him stuff/listen to anything he says.
There's a whole social study to be done around the Eskimos and his influence over them.
It's bizarre.
This isn't me having a pop at Esk btw, just the whole thing fascinates me.
We're doing the sidetracked by the Esk and ruining a thread thing again

Stop talking about him and move on

That just reads plucky underdogs. I believe it was Brexiteer Dowling that got chucked out.

Really hope its not these pair or MSP that buy the club.

No names in the hat sound great but the Roma owner is at least worth a few billion and has experience in running a decent sized football club.
Trust you to only think of money and not getting the club stabilised, which Bell and Dowling would do given they’re actual business savvy men

Cant just use the experience as a bad thing in the takeover agree they will need backing from another party with more money. But just because have experience does not mean the right people to buy the club. Moshiri had experience at a club in arsenal and was the wrong choicr looking back now. If it is the two blues they will have experience bringing in deals they could also bring in a ceo with this experience

Moshiri had no experience at Arsenal. He and Usmanov were solely investors.

My concern is mostly due to Esk.

A: Hes been sending such negative messages out when they were at best misinformation.

B: Suddenly hes all gung ho claiming that this is different and a merchant bank linked to Dell has "Sports management expertise"

-- I cant see that anywhere bar (as @Nymzee also said) UFC where they are just an investor.

C: Esk saying "all evertonians should support them"

This chap was welcoming administration not long back

All those things plus their lack of experience are a bit of a negative to me.

Sounds like Bell & Downing will be dropping out of the running then.

Yeah, if hes been asked to be a mouthpiece then i have to question them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back