Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"MSDs sports management expertise"

BDT & MSD partners is a merchant bank. I'm not aware of them 'managing' anything sports related...

...anyone?
They were prolific on Championship manager 97/98 and F1 team manager '08 by all accounts

Amongst the hundreds, nay thousands of Zat messages I think these are 2 of your very best .

Insight , knowledge and good analysis.

FWIW I agree with you that option A is the most likely.

To be frank I am more than comfortable with the thought of Bell and Downing running the show with financial backing from the Dell family office.

Even if the arrangement is only one of borrowing sufficient money to complete the deal and then being able to continue to borrow on preferential terms it will give certainty , clarity and should lower our interest costs and therefore help in PSR terms.

It would be lovely to have access to the huge fortune of Dell as a shareholder but let's be frank as the rules stand we can't just go and buy who we want anyway as Newcastle are finding out.

In addition not having a third major shareholder means Bell and Downing can act with greater freedom and react quickly should they need to.

A final point is that if this is simply a borrowing exercise you can be sure from a gearing point of view that Bell and Downing will have had to put a very significant %of their own wealth into the pot . Having that much skin in the game is good. I think I recall from about 3 weeks ago that Bell had sold his shares in a company for about £50 million and remarking at the time that it was unlikely to be coincidental.

Just need Moshiri to accept the offer now.

My points of 'B' (Dell related entity small equity position) and 'C' (Dell related entity more hands on position) are the exciting and interesting standout proposals

But if 'A', why would anyone just jump up and want to choose them as theyre 'Evertonians'.

I dont believe they have ever run a football club or been involved with elite level sports business.

Whats the attraction if they dont have the money or experience ?

Dont want to put a negative spin on this but lets see if its A or B or C if it even is real.

If Esk is saying something...lets wait until the reality.

That's the complete opposite from what @BeardedScotsman is posting.

Both seem very sure of the outcome.

What is this 'bearded scotsman' saying?

Fairly sure they have a large stake in the UFC, UFC at BMD anyone?

Thats correct, however as far as I can tell they have no business in actual "sports management" whatsoever.

That would be hands on and they do not seem to be at all. In any sport.

Myers wrote on X on 8 June: “And another contender appears! I understand Dan Friedkin has expressed an interest in buying Everton Friedkin is current owner and Director of Serie A side Roma He is reportedly worth $6.1b and is a hugely experienced businessman, in the motor, hotel and film industries.”

My points of 'B' (Dell related entity small equity position) and 'C' (Dell related entity more hands on position) are the exciting and interesting standout proposals

But if 'A', why would anyone just jump up and want to choose them as theyre 'Evertonians'.

I dont believe they have ever run a football club or been involved with elite level sports business.

Whats the attraction if they dont have the money or experience ?

Dont want to put a negative spin on this but lets see if its A or B or C if it even is real.

If Esk is saying something...lets wait until the reality.
The point is that Bell and Downing whilst not having the experience of running a sports club are fantastically successful businessmen in their own right.

Everton needs to be run as a business and these 2 will not only do that but as life long fans will have the best interest of Everton at heart.

The difference in business acumen between them and Kenwright/ Moshiri is night and day.

Without any explanation or meaning here it smacks of all the previous misleading (at best) opinions dressed up as facts.

Its a comment where whatever happens theres always a reason to 'explain' why you were right 'all along'.

He could just say what he knows. Unless hes working with them.
I'm baffled why people still ask him stuff/listen to anything he says.
There's a whole social study to be done around the Eskimos and his influence over them.
It's bizarre.
This isn't me having a pop at Esk btw, just the whole thing fascinates me.

Two days after the game (March 26, 2010), the ECHO reported: "Everton FC fan and Merseyside property tycoon George Downing was unceremoniously thrown out of a Man City directors box after the game on Wednesday.

"Mr Downing was a guest of Everton FC at the clash when he made a joke about fans singing “2-0 and we’ve spent f* all” which appears to have been taken the wrong way by Man City chief executive Garry Cook.

"After the 2-0 Everton win at The City of Manchester stadium multi-millionaire Mr Downing and his wife were told they were no longer welcome in the box and they left.

:lol:

So Bell & Downing are going to be 'backed' by DFO.

I believe there is some confusion on the 'Michael Dell' or 'Dell' links.

If you find yourself with a bit of money then you'll buy a 2nd home, invest in stocks etc etc to try and earn more than you would in a bank.

If you have millions then you will look to invest with people/firms to manage your money and pay them a commission. This makes sense in theory as they are professionals and while you may do well yourself, the thinking is that they will make you more.

When people have 'vast' wealth they will be able to establish something called a 'Family Office'. This means hiring those people to manage your money to exclusively work for you.

That is what DFO does for the Dell family and those outsiders who invest with them.

Michael Dell as you can see is mentioned but the leadership of the family office does not include him. Take Alisa for example, she is an experienced professional https://www.dellfamilyoffice.com/leadership?id=5468&dept_id=95&bioname=Alisa Mall

Why would DFO be 'backing' the takeover?

A: Not really backing but they would act as the corporate lender who would restructure the overall debts and lower the interest payments.

B: Perhaps they may have an interest in holding a minority share as they see a long term investment paying off for them.

C: They may be looking at the club as a vehicle for Dell branding (premier league club etc), a seat at the table and also more of a hands on position where they are in effect 'appointing' Bell & Downing to run the club for them.

Who knows what the reality is but i think its important to clear up that this is not Michael Dell himself.

Secondly, B + C are extremely unlikely and yet that would be the definition of 'backing' the takeover.

Most likely is they simply restructure the debt (A).

To those claiming Bell and & Downing must have amazing connections to be even in talks and supported etc

Thats simply untrue. Its not particularly difficult to have family office connections or to propose A to them as it has done by them many times before.

Lets see...if B or C i would be very impressed.

It would only be A.

Not to be that guy or anything I'd be amazed if MSD were to take an active position in the club and in turn bring all the money it has.

Micheal Dell is chairman and CEO of Dell Tech. still so he takes part in day to day business operations. He won't have the time to deal with the guff that Everton brings with it. MSD have lent to many different football clubs in the past, no doubt numerous opportunities have come up to take over sports teams and he / they have not done that.

Myers also said on Twitter they'd only be providing funds to purchase.

Basically the same as they did with Burnley.
So completely opposite of what The Esks says, I wonder who to believe. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back