Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no way of knowing which is the best deal, for Everton.

Time will judge that, I suppose it depends on the plan going forward, but I suspect all will follow the same path.

1) Buy club
2) Consolidate debt
3) Slowly build up the business side

Given the names and what is their likely MO, we probably need to be prepared for a pretty rough few years, but we will still be a Premier League club with Premier League revenues, so all hope shouldnt be lost.
Things can turn around very quickly though with the right people owning the club, it's a miracle we have survived the last 3 seasons, but we could be in a position to build now and put this all behind us, hopefully with many lessons learnt too.

Bar that A-cap lot I think all the name being mooted would be a massive improvement on what gone before and I'd happy with any of them.
VERY unpopular opinion, but Moshiri was actually the "perfect" owner in some ways.

He invested huge sums to prop up the spending.
He got his companies to spend huge sums on propping up our revenues.
He "built" a brand new Stadium.

What more could we truly ask of an owner?

Things can turn around very quickly though with the right people owning the club, it's a miracle we have survived the last 3 seasons, but we could be in a position to build now and put this all behind us, hopefully with many lessons learnt too.
No for sure, my post might have sounded a bit negative, but ive said before, we just need somebody who isnt a lunatic, who can build the business side and give us the tools to slowly build.

What I mean is that its going to be a slow process, but then Newcastle are the richest club in the world and they are bumping against the rules.

VERY unpopular opinion, but Moshiri was actually the "perfect" owner in some ways.

Be a good operator or be smart find a good operator and let them make decisions.

Money covers up a lot of problems but it is not a panacea

There's a reason it's a very unpopular opinion mate. :lol:

We needed "propping up" because he spent like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and either appointed incompetent people to do that or those that HAD something resembling compentence, he interfered to the point where they couldn't do their jobs.

Put all our eggs in one basket with a russian gangster, and the eggs got smashed all over the kitchen floor when he was (rightly) sanctioned.

Then he got the stadium built (a positive) but did it by saddling us with about three quaters of a billion in debts.

Paul (TheEsk) knows Andy and George. He respects them and trusts their motives. We are all free to decide whether or not we trust his judgement. It is not that complicated.

We seem to have more and potentially better options than a year ago which is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Dyche kept us up despite points deductions (creating belief he can do it again if needed) and the stadium is a substantially complete structure with the really hard stuff all done.

Yes, debt has climbed to enable all of that but most smart investors are happier managing debt restructures than they are handling complex construction projects. The perceived risk is lower. So is the asking price.

Hopefully Moshiri will choose a capable option. Not something we can feel confident about given his record but we are still in his hands so hope is what we have.
I was massively in favour of Bell and Downing until I read your opening paragraph 😂

At the moment my preference would be Textor or Friedkin. Some concerns, mainly around multi club ownership - but for me, at the moment I figure Bell/Downing would have to borrow/loan a lot.

As I said yesterday though hard to say without knowing the details but my guess is Dells backing is via loans/finance.

Friedkin would be a disaster. Theyve said their centrepiece would be Roma.

We want to be the centrepiece.

i am happy if MSP comes in buys us but it looks likely that they'll lose out Downing and Bell backed by Michael Dell looks a certain to happen

I doubt they are backed by him.

Aye, we can only speculate but MSP have decided not to convert their loan to 51% of the club.

I see it as they'd need funding which has interest. Others, wouldn't.

That's not to say others wouldn't leverage borrowing onto the club, mind.

But Bell/Downing don't have the cash to buy Everton without borrowing. Others linked, do.

Expecting someone more clued up to come and correct me but thats how I'm reading it.

Bell & Downing can buy the club from Moshiri. They can also pay off two of 777, R&M or MSP so they would be the owners.

What they cant do is pay off all three and get the books up to scratch with their own capital.

I suspect perhaps all the bidders would look to restructure the debt. Meaning Bell & Downing borrow from MSD to pay off R&M, 777 & MSP.

Then the payments would be e.g 3-5% interest rather than 13-15% interest (or whatever it is). The stadium would be collateral to pay it off over 30 years.

I wonder if MSD may come in as a stakeholder in the stadium alone

Run the club properly?

What you've described is a benefactor. He's put his money in. As an owner, he's been truly amateurish to say the least.

He’s already done more than bill did in over 20 years by taking us to a new stadium.

If he now finds us major investment through new owners he’s actually played a blinder for the club.

Yup, I think an open mind needs to be kept. We had an Evertonian owning the club - and it was disastrous. However, it's all about access to funds. Can these people get access to funds for the club? Are their motives - as Evertonians - more worthy than those of the non-Evertonians circling our carcass? I keep an open mind on that. But, right now, I am enjoying the apparent reality that there is quite a bit of interest in Everton Football Club, and who's to say that more won't be forthcoming?

Unfortunately we have too many luvvys in the fanbase who care more about what colour baubles are on the owners Christmas tree than of their credentials in turning the club into one that can actually "compete" in the "relative" sense.

I heard today about Dan Friedkin's interest in the club, a name I wasn't familiar with. So I took the time out to read into this character and I have to say I was plunged somewhat into a state of arousal.

This is a man worth around £5 billion pound. A man with extensive business experience in numerous industries. A man who owns a similiar sized football club in AS Roma who have won silverware under his short tenure.

This is a fella who even runs a conservation fund, investing to protect endangered wildlife. In comparison to a Tory Donor needing to loan money to buy the club, its no contest in my eyes.

Friedkin takes my vote at present time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back