Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a complete bidders list yet? Important if we are going to crown a new ITK and run the others out of town. So allegedly there are 6 bidders. We know of:

The OG Five
1. MSP
2. Bell and Downing + DFO
3. A-Cap(minority stake)
4. Unknown Global Wealthy Consortium
5. ??? Textor but was based on PL granting some grace period?

New entrant
6. Dan Friedkin

If Textor was one of the first 5 known interested parties, and it was based on the PL maybe giving him a grace period to sell his palace shares after buying Everton....that means #3 and #5 are out. The media doesnt seem to think MSP are front runners right now, so does that imply its a 3 horse race between Bell and Downing, Dan Friedkin, and the unknown GWC(Global Wealthy Consortium as they call it)? Time may be short for people to start confidently declaring the "winner" before Moshiri makes an announcement.

Why would you want an owner who had briefed the press and has already stated he wants Roma to be the diamond centrepiece of a multi club structure.

We would always be 2nd to Roma.

No from me

I imagine that was prior to Everton becoming available for purchase.

The Premier League is massive in the states. He would get much greater exposure and make more money from a successful EFC than a club in Italy.

He isnt the dream candidate, but he's much more exciting than the 2 local lads & MSP.

Do we have a complete bidders list yet? Important if we are going to crown a new ITK and run the others out of town. So allegedly there are 6 bidders. We know of:

The OG Five
1. MSP
2. Bell and Downing + DFO
3. A-Cap(minority stake)
4. Unknown Global Wealthy Consortium
5. ??? Textor but was based on PL granting some grace period?

New entrant
6. Dan Friedkin

If Textor was one of the first 5 known interested parties, and it was based on the PL maybe giving him a grace period to sell his palace shares after buying Everton....that means #3 and #5 are out. The media doesnt seem to think MSP are front runners right now, so does that imply its a 3 horse race between Bell and Downing, Dan Friedkin, and the unknown GWC(Global Wealthy Consortium as they call it)? Time may be short for people to start confidently declaring the "winner" before Moshiri makes an announcement.
I think it will be between 1 and 2.

They both hold skin in the game and seem the most "invested" currently.

But I wouldnt rule out 4.

The others seem stalking horses.

Surely the wealthier the businessman is, the more competent they are ? (Talking self made here).

Seen this narrative a few times swilling around the fanbase which doesn't make sense to me.

Typically speaking, a bloke living in a 5 bedroom detached house will be more successful in the employment sector than one living in a bedsit.

Once our PSR worries are over, having an owner who can back us to the hilt in the transfer window is far more advantageous than one who cannot, or needs to borrow money off financiers / sell players.

The concern I have with Bell & Dowling, is that we may go full circle as a fambase and end up back in a scenario where if things dont go to plan, you'll have a split fanbase, one wanting investment and another being blindly defensive of two local evertonian owners who "love the club".

Bill Kenwright had manifested this plucky underdog narrative for many years and I still think a lot of our fans have a weak spot for it.

Truth be told, Kenwright lending money off Mr Green isnt a million miles away from Bell & Dowling lending money off MSD. I just do not see what is exciting about these pair if Dell is not part of a consortium buying equity in the club.

I see them as short term solutions to the clubs problems, I cant see how they manage to own a big club in the Premier League that has ambition to push on into the european places without pumping us full of loans.
If such worries are ever over (P&S gone, and a replacement which doesn’t stop an owner spending), then yes - the wealthier the better.

I don’t have much confidence that is going to be the case any time soon though.

VERY unpopular opinion, but Moshiri was actually the "perfect" owner in some ways.

He invested huge sums to prop up the spending.
He got his companies to spend huge sums on propping up our revenues.
He "built" a brand new Stadium.

What more could we truly ask of an owner?

We could have easily just spent on players, ended up in similar circumstances but without the one billion pound asset. This is the real reason we have people looking at us.

No one else would have built that stadium in that location, so if we do come out relatively smelling of roses with a new owner then we should be grateful, despite the pain we have gone through.

Why would you want an owner who had briefed the press and has already stated he wants Roma to be the diamond centrepiece of a multi club structure.

We would always be 2nd to Roma.

No from me

Don't think Roma would be the diamond in their crown if suddenly we are making 50% more money.

VERY unpopular opinion, but Moshiri was actually the "perfect" owner in some ways.

He invested huge sums to prop up the spending.
He got his companies to spend huge sums on propping up our revenues.
He "built" a brand new Stadium.

What more could we truly ask of an owner?
To not be in bed with an oligarch ( also his money man )

If such worries are ever over (P&S gone, and a replacement which doesn’t stop an owner spending), then yes - the wealthier the better.

I don’t have much confidence that is going to be the case any time soon though.
Newcastle owners are worth 450billion and they need sales before they buy this Summer.

I wouldn’t be so sure Bell/Downing will win this bid. When it ended last summer along with MSP it didn’t end on good terms. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back