Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am not interested in any of our potential owners political affiliation.

And if you are you're overthinking it.
It’s mad isn’t it. Also makes little sense. UK Tory’s bad, US Tory’s good. Very hypocritical but not a surprise considering the poster.

It’s funny as I bet 90% (if not more) of football owners (ie the mega rich) will vote Tory or equivalent. They will all do charitable things to look good and show they are “giving back” their wealth.

Last edited:
We could have easily just spent on players, ended up in similar circumstances but without the one billion pound asset. This is the real reason we have people looking at us.

No one else would have built that stadium in that location, so if we do come out relatively smelling of roses with a new owner then we should be grateful, despite the pain we have gone through.

Don't think Roma would be the diamond in their crown if suddenly we are making 50% more money.

I dont know how much it would cost to buy out Moshiri, but assuming it is around a figure mark of £400-600m - no one pays that kind of figure for a "feeder" club.

Feeder clubs are typically clubs purchased in lower leagues for smaller amounts who predominantly have decent academy's to farm future players.

Everton do not fit that criteria at all both in the purchase price & also the state of our academy / squad.

I imagine Dan Friedkin has seen the exclusivity deal end with 777, and see's the huge potential that the club has.

What is interesting is that Roma's new proposed stadium plan was halted in 2021, the architect of that new stadium was our very own Dan Meis.

I dont know how much it would cost to buy out Moshiri, but assuming it is around a figure mark of £400-600m - no one pays that kind of figure for a "feeder" club.

Feeder clubs are typically clubs purchased in lower leagues for smaller amounts who predominantly have decent academy's to farm future players.

Everton do not fit that criteria at all both in the purchase price & also the state of our academy / squad.

I imagine Dan Friedkin has seen the exclusivity deal end with 777, and see's the huge potential that the club has.

What is interesting is that Roma's new proposed stadium plan was halted in 2021, the architect of that new stadium was our very own Dan Meis.
If I had to guess, I reckon somebody could buy Everton for just over 200million.

*checks down the back of couch
Maybe less.

Im just spit balling in my head, im probably wrong, so I do look forward to multiple posts telling me so.

But heres where im at.

There are rules regarding debt and taking over clubs, not sure what the percentage is, 65%? maybe, who knows. But there are rumours that Moshiri wants around 20m for his shares, how true that is, who knows. So in my head that means that somebody could pay Moshiri has 20m, then take over the club. Then consolidate all the loans, which of course the club pays.

So that means that in theory, anybody could buy us for 20m, as long as they have access to the funds to keep us going and access to somebody willing to loan them an unreal amount of money?

VERY unpopular opinion, but Moshiri was actually the "perfect" owner in some ways.

He invested huge sums to prop up the spending.
He got his companies to spend huge sums on propping up our revenues.
He "built" a brand new Stadium.

What more could we truly ask of an owner?
Not being on the blower to agents behind his sporting directors back, not overruling the football people in charge and trusting dodgy people who took him for a ride, not plunging the club into financial turmoil and near disaster with his terrible decision making. No one's disputing his financial commitment, he's a bad owner because he's a complete and utter moron only out for himself and his own prestige. We were a plaything for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back