Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friedkin would be a disaster. Theyve said their centrepiece would be Roma.

We want to be the centrepiece.

I doubt they are backed by him.

Bell & Downing can buy the club from Moshiri. They can also pay off two of 777, R&M or MSP so they would be the owners.

What they cant do is pay off all three and get the books up to scratch with their own capital.

I suspect perhaps all the bidders would look to restructure the debt. Meaning Bell & Downing borrow from MSD to pay off R&M, 777 & MSP.

Then the payments would be e.g 3-5% interest rather than 13-15% interest (or whatever it is). The stadium would be collateral to pay it off over 30 years.

I wonder if MSD may come in as a stakeholder in the stadium alone

MSD won't be loaning at 3-5%.

The loans they've given other clubs has generally been 8% + libor / sonia.

Burnley last accounts shown they were paying 11.23%.

If we miss the transfer dead line day we may lose vital star players because of this delay...
The ownership change wouldn’t have changed that. The results are the results, no one was going to change it to that degree within 6 months (Sept + approval)

I know mate. I agree. Was just pointing out the hypocrisy of poster.

Happy to be de facto owned by Russian Oligrarchs, clamouring for a US Reupublican, IIRC also wanted the Qataris to come in despite their human rights records.

But UK Torys is a big no.

What hypocrisy ?

Dan Friedkin, the Qatari Shiekhs & Russian Oligarch's do not promote their bids with media propaganda of being "one of us".

A local Evertonian from the city donating to the Tory party whilst being heralded as a saviour that working class toffees can unite behind is a shamefully bad take.

I have no personal interest in his poltiics, I am however distressed that B&D simply do not possess the funds to own and adequately run a club of our stature without the need of loans from third parties.

Whoever it is, needs to have a grasp on football operations. We need a proper infrastructure. We need a scouting network, a proper academy, experience of player transfers, understanding of the finances with psr etc.....football stuff.
That Roma guy probably has the best credentials for all that. As long as we are not seen as the lower club or the feeder club for roma, then perhaps he is the best option.

The ownership change wouldn’t have changed that. The results are the results, no one was going to change it to that degree within 6 months (Sept + approval)
Short memory we could not even attract decent loan players they last two transfer markets proved that - Moshiri lost his big financial backer - he & BK just dug a deep hole & nearly got us relegated - MSN were interested in a total buy out - they seen the books & backed off imo we turned to a firm of disrespect the poll on here on this thread did not want them - let's hope we get sound owners & move on upwards & put 777 will be in the history books ...

Last edited:
What hypocrisy ?

Dan Friedkin, the Qatari Shiekhs & Russian Oligarch's do not promote their bids with media propaganda of being "one of us".

A local Evertonian from the city donating to the Tory party whilst being heralded as a saviour that working class toffees can unite behind is a shamefully bad take.

I have no personal interest in his poltiics, I am however distressed that B&D simply do not possess the funds to own and adequately run a club of our stature without the need of loans from third parties.
No one is being heralded as a saviour mate...you're getting your undies in a bunch over absolutely nothing.

The Park End is named after ex Tory member. I don't think you'll find any level headed working class toffee who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back