Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is being heralded as a saviour mate...you're getting your undies in a bunch over absolutely nothing.

The Park End is named after ex Tory member. I don't think you'll find any level headed working class toffee who cares.

My issue with B&D is the media have been fed only positive information that is slightly skewed to drum up support from the fanbase.

The media spin is in effect:

" 2 boyhood Evertonians who love the club will thrash out a deal with Farhad Moshiri with the backing of Michael Dell who is worth $120 BILLION".

No one has asked the questions:

1. Do B&D have the money ?

2. Is MSD loaning the money with high interest rates like they have towards other clubs ?

3. Is Dowling a suitable owner when he gets thrown out of stadiums intoxicated ?

4. Is Bell being a Tory donor in line with the values of Evertonians from the city ?

5. How do B&D turn Everton into a top 8-10 side with their lack of real financial muscle ?

Unfortunately for us, the media would love B&D buying the club as it would be back to the plucky underdog days narrative that suits the LFC media just fine. If the investment arm of Dubai were buying us, it would be nothing but negative headlines and talk of human rights abuses etc. as they would fear us.

My issue with B&D is the media have been fed only positive information that is slightly skewed to drum up support from the fanbase.

" 2 boyhood Evertonians who love the club will thrash out a deal with Farhad Moshiri with the backing of Michael Dell who is worth $120 BILLION".

2. Is MSD loaning the money with high interest rates like they have towards other clubs ?

3. Is Dowling a suitable owner when he gets thrown out of stadiums intoxicated ?

4. Is Bell being a Tory donor in line with the values of Evertonians from the city ?

5. How do B&D turn Everton into a top 8-10 side with their lack of real financial muscle ?

Unfortunately for us, the media would love B&D buying the club as it would be back to the plucky underdog days narrative that suits the LFC media just fine. If the investment arm of Dubai were buying us, it would be nothing but negative headlines and talk of human rights abuses etc. as they would fear us.
And this is why I can’t take you seriously.

1. We'll have to wait and see.

2. I don't know.

3. City rang him personally to apologise that same week.

4. Not arsed in the slightest...speaking as an ex labour member.

5. If they take over the club hopefully they will let us know what their plan is.

I do think you should let the political thing go though mate...it's picking peanuts out of poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back