Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we don't get sold, and Usmanov hovers back into position and can spend so that Russian money is used in any rebuilding of Ukraine as part of eventual peace, then given that Chelsea have been sold, then we are the go to sportswashing operation in football for the Russian state.

My thinking is US Investors plus Bell and Downing as minority partners with BDT-MSD financing the necessary debt restructure.

I can see R&MF continuing as a lender initially but with new owners wanting MSP and 777 cleared out ASAP.

The Athletic is better tapped in on this than FT/Sky I hope we can expect something more definitive to break in the next ten days or so.

Just to get my head around things, even if we were taken over by a combination of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson, we would still have to sell players and get free transfers/loans? It would potentially get rid of the crippling debt but the day to day running relies on trading profits etc? Or are the interest payments on the debt what is actually crippling us?

Have little interest who wins the race to buy the club based on the names heard so far.

None have the finances/means to make some kind of "success" of the club in a way Villa/Newcastles owners can.

The ones who do have investments in other football clubs at present dont have a track record of making a success of them either.

All very underwhelming.

Have little interest who wins the race to buy the club based on the names heard so far.

None have the finances/means to make some kind of "success" of the club in a way Villa/Newcastles owners can.

The ones who do have investments in other football clubs at present dont have a track record of making a success of them either.

All very underwhelming.

oh get to bed

Just to get my head around things, even if we were taken over by a combination of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson, we would still have to sell players and get free transfers/loans? It would potentially get rid of the crippling debt but the day to day running relies on trading profits etc? Or are the interest payments on the debt what is actually crippling us?

it’s us so…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back