Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Poor language removed] me reading back through all this anyone would think that we lost 5-0 and were in the relegation zone. This place is losing its shine and its down to 1 or 2 key posters. You know who you are.

How was Valente even bad?

He had Valencia well sorted most of the game. None of the back line was poor. How was Valente the worst? Carlsey, Neville and Cahill were absolutely atrocious and gave us zero in midfield. Valente was fine.

Yeah, I felt Valente played well. He's actually better with Pienaar because he can link up well. Not keen on Ossie out wide, but needs must.

[Poor language removed] me reading back through all this anyone would think that we lost 5-0 and were in the relegation zone. This place is losing its shine and its down to 1 or 2 key posters. You know who you are.

There is more to it then what we read Mick. Its got out of hand. But explaining yourself online is becoming a right pain in the arse. Maybe we should all video conference and then we can get the points across quicker. :)

Also mate, are you referring to me? Because maybe you should not skirt around the issue and just say what's on your mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, I felt Valente played well. He's actually better with Pienaar because he can link up well. Not keen on Ossie out wide, but needs must.

Naturally.

Personally I would've had;

Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

Neville - Carsley - Osman - Arteta

For me, Neville has always played quite well when played wide right. Against United away for example, and other games, much better offering cover for Hibbert and providing good crosses from deep than trying to be a creative midfielder in the centre. It also put Osman in a position that it is clear he does not flourish when playing in.

Still, we won, and it is important that noone is under the illusion that performance is in any way on par with it. 3 pts was vital, and we secured them. For all their fancy football, even playing against 10 men, City could only draw 1-1 at the JJB. I know which I'd prefer.

MOTM: AJ. Superb workrate and excellent finish.

Naturally.

Personally I would've had;

Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

Neville - Carsley - Osman - Arteta

For me, Neville has always played quite well when played wide right. Against United away for example, and other games, much better offering cover for Hibbert and providing good crosses from deep than trying to be a creative midfielder in the centre. It also put Osman in a position that it is clear he does not flourish when playing in.

Still, we won, and it is important that noone is under the illusion that performance is in any way on par with it. 3 pts was vital, and we secured them. For all their fancy football, even playing against 10 men, City could only draw 1-1 at the JJB. I know which I'd prefer.

MOTM: AJ. Superb workrate and excellent finish.

Agree on 2 points: Neville always looks best wide right, and Aj was outstanding today.

Underperformer of the day: tie between Neville and Cahill, hopefully Timmy was keeping his powder dry for Wednesday.

Yeah Neville was nowhere was he. Kind of gets sucked into the Calcutta black hole. Ossie just looked tired, surprised we never saw Fernandes, maybe it was not his kind of pitch. Cahill also looked off the pace. In terms of attacking he was really the 2nd behind Arteta and I don't think he likes that responsibility.

Prefers to just get in the box and score.

I think Fernandes is the long term replacement for Carsley. Remember early in his career he was likened to Makalele. I think we have this image of him here as an attacking player because he has so much skill and I suppose in a way this is a testemony to the fact that we've had Carsley and Neville in that role in the past, but many holding players in Europe have that kind of skill. Pirlo is regarded as a holding player at Milan, Anderson is doing a super job at Man Utd, heck even Graveson was regarded as a holding player by Real.

That's how I see things developing anyway. I guess we'll see how Moyes plays him this season. As it is though we've consolidated our position today and hopefully Villa and Liverpool will eke out a draw tommorrow and we'll have a nice two point gap. Osman has returned to action so we have an extra midfield option again. Many pundits have predicted now as the period where we fade away due to the ANC but we've battled our way to two wins and it's said that the sign of a champion side is to win when not playing well so all is pretty good in the house of Toffee.

Oh, and as others have said, AJ was outstanding today. The tactics and opposition didn't really suit him today but his workrate was exceptional all game and he got his reward with the gift by Bramble and he took his chance very well.

I think Fernandes is the long term replacement for Carsley. Remember early in his career he was likened to Makalele. I think we have this image of him here as an attacking player because he has so much skill and I suppose in a way this is a testemony to the fact that we've had Carsley and Neville in that role in the past,

I know someone that will be spunking over you saying that Brucie.

Scrabble?

Oh behave yourself will you. Do you have nothing to do down there in Bath? No projects to manage. ;)

I will be proven right, as god is my witness (if I believed in him)

There is more to it then what we read Mick. Its got out of hand. But explaining yourself online is becoming a right pain in the arse. Maybe we should all video conference and then we can get the points across quicker. :)

Also mate, are you referring to me? Because maybe you should not skirt around the issue and just say what's on your mind.
The problem is ghost you come on in a bad mood post some aggressive posts without thinking half the time then when someone questions you,you get more aggressive,then if they come back at you again you play the sympathy card or threaten to quit the forum.
You sound like the only one on here who has no life outside this forum maybe thats why you get so intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back