Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no you can't say that, because AJ is scoring goals and has a decent record in large. But he isn't first choice anyway.

When Yak's back he's our main striker.

I tell you what. If Carsley won the ball played it off to Ossie and then looked for a return or at least give him an option, than that would be valuable to me. Because with Carlsey we don't have a 5 man midfield. We have a 4 man midfield and a 5 man defence.
Does it matter we are 4th we can look for holes everywhere but something is working if we are 4th and carsley has played nearly every game.
Enjoy it ghost things are great

Ok, can we all agree that a defensive midfielder can also have skill and not cost 20m?

They are out there, Moyes has found players in the past - he can do it again.

Anyway, he's 33 - time to hang up the old boots and enjoy your retirement.

Does it matter we are 4th we can look for holes everywhere but something is working if we are 4th and carsley has played nearly every game.
Enjoy it ghost things are great

I am enjoying it, just not going to rest on my laurels. I don't just want to sneak up on Liverpool, I want to roar past them.

Ok then, so you can understand why I want the side to improve in all areas. Its not a bad thing you know.

I mean, against Chelsea last week we were battered for the whole game bar a 15minute spell. Liverpool go to Chelsea and [Poor language removed] give them a game. I want us to do the same and not scrape victories.

City at home last week, although they had very little chances, they had masses of possession. That isn't good enough, especially at home.

Ok then, so you can understand why I want the side to improve in all areas. Its not a bad thing you know.

I mean, against Chelsea last week we were battered for the whole game bar a 15minute spell. Liverpool go to Chelsea and [Poor language removed] give them a game. I want us to do the same and not scrape victories.

City at home last week, although they had very little chances, they had masses of possession. That isn't good enough, especially at home.
No its not but its not all carsleys fault

Great win, despite poor conditions and poor performance. Great once again to see AJ and Lescott score, especially Andy as he works so hard for the team, even if the goal was a very fortunate one.
Wigan dominated the game first half but after we went 0-2 up there was only going to be one winner. Kudos to Moyes for bringing on Vaughan for Neville with about 20 minutes left, everyone was left scratching their heads, generally at that stage Moyes would bring on Stubbs or someone to "shore it up" but the added pace and power of Vaughany supporting Johnson really stirred the Wigan defence and alleviated the pressure.
Great win given the circumstances. No WAY would we have won it like this a couple of years a go.

ROLL ON WEDNESDAY.

Carsley is supposed to be a defensive midfielder what he actually offers us is sort of like a reverse sweeper, whilst he is good at what he does and it works against some teams his lack of attacking nouse is a pain in the ass though he can only pass a ball sideways or backwards and you'll never see him perform a defence splitting pass like other defensive midfielders do.

The thing is mate most of us are actually agreeing with you in that he isnt getting any younger and to take us forward a dimension we will need to replace him eventually. But my question is this: Why now? The side is doing better than it has in a long time, we are through to the knock out stages of the UEFA cup a league cup semi and 4th place- Its [Poor language removed] to be us at the moment eh?

Maybe Fernandes is the answer and under Carsleys tuition will become the player we crave and his deal is made permanent in the summer.

I thought Cars did ok today, he shielded the ball and gave a two yard pass where he could or cleared it when he had to.

You arent going to change people minds that he needs replacing immediately because the team are doing well with him in it. The summer perhaps the time has come.

Oh yeah these are the wins we have to get. Would prefer some more class and composure. Felt we invited them on, we probably had quite a few fans there so we could have turned it into a mini-GP and then battered them. As it is we were fortunate - again.

It is a nice habit, but its also a little worrying. Bigger teams punish us, but 3pts is 3pts.

Good important win...

MoM would be Johnson for me - tireless.

The worst player was Valente - slow etc...

Jagielka was unlucky with the OG because he played well this match...

How was Valente even bad?

He had Valencia well sorted most of the game. None of the back line was poor. How was Valente the worst? Carlsey, Neville and Cahill were absolutely atrocious and gave us zero in midfield. Valente was fine.

The thing is mate most of us are actually agreeing with you in that he isnt getting any younger and to take us forward a dimension we will need to replace him eventually. But my question is this: Why now? The side is doing better than it has in a long time, we are through to the knock out stages of the UEFA cup a league cup semi and 4th place- Its [Poor language removed] to be us at the moment eh?

Maybe Fernandes is the answer and under Carsleys tuition will become the player we crave and his deal is made permanent in the summer.

I thought Cars did ok today, he shielded the ball and gave a two yard pass where he could or cleared it when he had to.

You arent going to change people minds that he needs replacing immediately because the team are doing well with him in it. The summer perhaps the time has come.

Well to be fair Mick, I am really looking for a long term replacement because I know now is not the time to be buying, and many don't see Fernandes as defensive.

Just out of interest though, did you notice Cars giving the ball away a few times. I noticed twice when he underhit a 5 yard pass and it was intercepted in our own half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back