Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all say Carsley got us 4th, well did he get us 17th the following year?

I think cars was injured all that season - only played 3 or 4 games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In fernandes we have another option at DM, so no need to buy another. Cars is still doing it - he was good enough to get us into 4th last time, he can do it again.

Need another winger perhaps. Another central defender.

TBH, now isn't really the time to be doing a Spurs or Newcastle and thinking about who we can buy - teams that do that are just allieviating the fans.

We have some on pitch success to think about instead. We just beat wigan, are the premiership most in form side (or thereabouts), 4th in the league, a carling cup semi final to settle, and in the latter stages of a european cup.

Remember the Walter Smith days?

I think cars was injured all that season - only played 3 or 4 games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In fernandes we have another option at DM, so no need to buy another. Cars is still doing it - he was good enough to get us into 4th last time, he can do it again.

Need another winger perhaps. Another central defender.

TBH, now isn't really the time to be doing a Spurs or Newcastle and thinking about who we can buy - teams that do that are just allieviating the fans.

We have some on pitch success to think about instead. We just beat wigan, are the premiership most in form side (or thereabouts), 4th in the league, a carling cup semi final to settle, and in the latter stages of a european cup.

Remember the Walter Smith days?

I agree. Just to clarify my position. Carsley for me has been a legend, this season though I am looking for someone to take us into the next level. I am grateful for what Carsley has done - just want something more.

We had Kilbane on the left, we replaced him with Pienaar (eventually). Its just a natural upgrade on a player who at a level was what we needed, but you can't expect to use the same players who scrapped at the bottom when we are looking to break the top 4 and into Europe on a regular basis.

No aggression there. Just my opinion. So Zero if you want to bang your head you do so, but if you want to argue for Cars then back it up with qualities that he brings. Its fine with me - I would react more to that then some of the comments I have had.

I'm going to get slated now. :)

Vaughan looked sharp yes, but he's not very quick is he? I do like him though. He wins headers and like Victor he winds up the other players. But his pace is questionable. Not much you can do there though.

No pace?! Ridiculous, hes one of the fastest in the team, the commentators were saying how fast he was today, chasing a ball about 15 metres away and almost getting it.

well yeah, you come out with a million different reasons why he needs to be replaced only to be met with the same reguritated arguement I have yet to see someone convince me that he is a valuable member of the squad if I was to add my piece again as to why I think he is crap I would be met with we're fourth carsley is a part of that ergo shut up.

However if you replace Carsley with someone a bit more technically apt then I think we could be challenging the top 4 regularly. now that I have said this piece I'm going be met with the Carsley fan club saying he's the best player we've got etc etc. you'd be moaning if we were top etc.

Well....If I see a flaw to the side then yeah I will moan. at the moment that flaw is Carsley oh and the arguement that Bruce played his tactics right with the long ball is bollocks what's Carsley supposed to be doing? winning those knock downs and being more commanding he simply doesn't do that we played long balls against chelsea Mikel still saw more of the ball then Carsley does.

rant over...

I'm agreeing with you, I meant that arguing about carsley is like banging your head against a brick wall because no matter how hard you try to convince people that he isn't superman they will still say your talking bollocks.

Carsley isn't up to the standard required. I said in the previous thread that he'll do for the time being but if money is there to be spent it should be spent on replacing him rather then an attacking player...like Arshavin.

Ah right, fair enough. I thought I was going mad then.

I just believe its because of the dogs of war period and also this need for an old fashioned footballer. We need more skill really, if we want to compete with the top 4. Even though we are now officially a top 4 club, we are never going to be seen as one. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back