Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he? why?

You see, I say Carsley isn't as good people says he is, and I back it up by giving my reasons. Yet you and others will just say he is [Poor language removed], and thats fine isn't it? Why don't you give your reasons?

Also, don't call me lad.

Because he's not worth 18 million and he gives nothing more then run around like a headless chicken, lad.

Not sure how Ghost will take this from Setanta :lol:

Carsley targets three more years

Everton midfielder Lee Carsley believes he has another three years left in The Premier League, and aims to emulate the example of former clubmate David Weir and play in the Champions League in his late thirties.

The 33-year-old is having an Indian Summer at Goodison Park as a defensive midfielder, and is a key player for David Moyes with the club sitting in fourth place and a Champions League spot after Sunday's 2-1 win at Wigan.

“I am 34 next month so I think I have six months left in my legs anyway,” he laughed.

“I’ll give myself this campaign with Ireland, and another few seasons,” he continued to the Irish Mail on Sunday.

“Look around at some of my old mates, there’s David Weir still playing great stuff for Scotland and Champions League football with Rangers at 37.

“If you look after yourself and are lucky enough to avoid serious injury, there’s no reason why a footballer can’t continue well into his mid-thirties at the top level.”

Carsley feels that the simplicity of Everton’s system and tactics under Moyes has helped him become one of the most consistent players in the top-flight.

“It has gone well for the past seasons, but I have come across a style here that suits me. It’s no big secret," he continued.

"Everybody knows their role in the gaffer’s system, and mine is to sit deep, break up attacks, let Tim Cahill break forward to support Yakubu and Andy Johnson.”

Ghost, I don't think you should tiptoe around, I think that you (especially as somebody who is supposedly expert in web matters) should realise that a forum is a community.

In a community, aggression breeds aggression, so you shouldn't (as somebody aptly said above) continually play the sympathy card about being picked on. Try over at TW, it seemed to work for you the last time.

But to be honest your last comments leave me shaking my head about why you are participating here. Maybe you can see things that others can't. Maybe you are indeed a wonder. Maybe we all secretly wish that we were you.

We are 4th and he has done a great job for us.
If we had 20 million to buy mikel we,d go out and buy him,just be happy that we are 4th,we can all look for something to moan at but we are 4th.

Look, please listen to me. I have been happy with Carsley in the past. But you have to admit, today he was poor.

He was poor against Chelsea, and if we are to take the next step we need to upgrade him to a different type of player. A player who can orchastrate attacks as well as stop them. We don't have to spend 20m on that kind of player. We got Arteta for next to nothing and spent 4m on Lescott. They are both top 5 in their position in the country, imo. I don't see why we can't find someone of similar value for a defensive midfielder who does more than just boot the ball.

Do you think I'm saying this to be a prick? I am concerned that we are very one dimensional in midfield. Everything goes through the wings, nothing starts in the middle. Notice today the amount of space in the middle of the park. We are 4th, we should be commanding that area instead of hanging on against Wigan.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I just believe if we want to play with the big boys we need to have the quality in all areas of the pitch.

Now your getting personal!

I haven't once got personal with you or anyone else here.

Seems people don't like hearing the truth.

You are so negative you go on about kendrick all the time i bet you are him.
What is the truth i can talk all day about everton but its the way you say things,you are so cutting and aggressive.
If you look at some of the things you have said about carsley i bet you feel like squirming we are 4th be happy i bet if we won the title you,d come on and start moaning about something

Ghost, I don't think you should tiptoe around, I think that you (especially as somebody who is supposedly expert in web matters) should realise that a forum is a community.

In a community, aggression breeds aggression, so you shouldn't (as somebody aptly said above) continually play the sympathy card about being picked on. Try over at TW, it seemed to work for you the last time.

But to be honest your last comments leave me shaking my head about why you are participating here. Maybe you can see things that others can't. Maybe you are indeed a wonder. Maybe we all secretly wish that we were you.

I am just not satisfied with Lee Carlsey as a hoofing midfielder. I want more, I want quality. Today I didn't see that. I saw mistakes, silly mistakes. I saw that against Chelsea, we lost a goal because of that mistakes.

You are so negative you go on about kendrick all the time i bet you are him.
What is the truth i can talk all day about everton but its the way you say things,you are so cutting and aggressive.
If you look at some of the things you have said about carsley i bet you feel like squirming we are 4th be happy i bet if we won the title you,d come on and start moaning about something

Well last time we were punching above our weight, and the following season was testament to that. This season other players have come in that have really pushed us on. A goalscorer and another attacking midfielder to help Arteta. I just can't see if we do get 4th that we will sustain a challenge against some of the better opposition.

I like to think we are better than Liverpool, because I have to think that. But part of me does. Liverpool v Barca, I would expect Mascharano to do well, defend and set up attacks. I would expect Alonso to do the same. I just can't see Lee Carsley coping with quality.

I'm not questioning his committment, but do you not think we need someone who can do more than just clear the ball?

Dont get sucked into it lads and lassies trust me, its not worth it - and there's a Carsley thread for all that.

Thought we had an off day and got three points, so well chuffed. Pundits love to tell us thats what you need to do to stay in touch at the top. All the pressure on Benitez now, I think that match has got draw written all over it

Anyone think Jagielka needs to think about changing his boots? he's falling over a lot in the challenge at the moment

Look, please listen to me. I have been happy with Carsley in the past. But you have to admit, today he was poor.

He was poor against Chelsea, and if we are to take the next step we need to upgrade him to a different type of player. A player who can orchastrate attacks as well as stop them. We don't have to spend 20m on that kind of player. We got Arteta for next to nothing and spent 4m on Lescott. They are both top 5 in their position in the country, imo. I don't see why we can't find someone of similar value for a defensive midfielder who does more than just boot the ball.

Do you think I'm saying this to be a prick? I am concerned that we are very one dimensional in midfield. Everything goes through the wings, nothing starts in the middle. Notice today the amount of space in the middle of the park. We are 4th, we should be commanding that area instead of hanging on against Wigan.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I just believe if we want to play with the big boys we need to have the quality in all areas of the pitch.
You are not just on about carsley today you have dissed him on other threads before today.
We have not got the money like the big boys we can,t find 24 mill for a torres or 20 mill for a mikel,we play a different way to try and compete and that way has worked fantastically for the last 2 seasons and whether you like it or not carsley has been superb on the whole in that time.

On another note I thought Vaughan looked sharp and very good today when he came on

I'm going to get slated now. :)

Vaughan looked sharp yes, but he's not very quick is he? I do like him though. He wins headers and like Victor he winds up the other players. But his pace is questionable. Not much you can do there though.

You are not just on about carsley today you have dissed him on other threads before today.
We have not got the money like the big boys we can,t find 24 mill for a torres or 20 mill for a mikel,we play a different way to try and compete and that way has worked fantastically for the last 2 seasons and whether you like it or not carsley has been superb on the whole in that time.

Well yes I know I have. That was then, and today I have felt he was exposed.

We don't need 20m to buy a quality defensive midfielder. We didn't need 20m for Arteta, or Yak or Lescott, or Yobo, or Pienaar (if we sign him) or Cahill.

On another note I thought Vaughan looked sharp and very good today when he came on

Yup - it was a shame he didnt make a bit more of the chances he had. If he'd just laid the ball back a bit to AJ instead of no-mans-land....

I get the feeling he'll be a real handful if he gets the opportunity against a European defence, just like Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back