Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to see the defensive midfielder starting attacks instead of hoofing it. There is nothing wrong with wanting a bit of quality.

Can't believe I am being lynched because of it.

Nobody is lynching you read your own posts carefully then understand peoples reactions.
You post with a lot of aggression then when people reply you play the sympathy card if they don,t agree with you.
I don,t care if the scum do have games in hand we are 4th on merit with carsley being an integrel member of the team.
You said carsley was woefull and get shut of him then you wonder why people come back at you.

Err no I don't. I'm not stupid.

We are in 4th spot because Liverpool are playing poorly. Carsley isn't the sole reason either why we win games. He isn't instrumental, and he isn't influential.

All I am saying, and all I have been saying for the past year is Carsley isn't good enough to take us to the next level. I think that is a fair comment. I felt today he played poorly and gave the ball away too often.

If we all think that Carsley is the type of player to take us into top 4 on a regular basis, then you are all deluded. Sorry but you are.
We are not 4th cos liverpool are playing poorly we are 4th cos we are playing well.

I disagree. Does that mean your wrong and I am right? No it means we disagree.

I don't think Carsley played well today. I didn't think he played well against Chelsea away.

Let me ask you this question. Do you think Carsley is a better player than Mascherano? Hargreaves? Carrick? Makalele? Vieira? Keane?

But let me come back here. I am criticising Carsley on todays performance. So let me ask you these questions.

1. Did he give the ball away on more than one occassion when playing a 5 yard pass?

2. Did he close down players and was he on their toes while they were attacking?

If the answer to both those questions is yes he did, then the integrity of opinion here is seriously flawed.

Nobody is lynching you read your own posts carefully then understand peoples reactions.
You post with a lot of aggression then when people reply you play the sympathy card if they don,t agree with you.
I don,t care if the scum do have games in hand we are 4th on merit with carsley being an integrel member of the team.
You said carsley was woefull and get shut of him then you wonder why people come back at you.

I have been attacked. Been told that I am talking [Poor language removed]. Because I express an opinion. We could have lost this game today, yes we scraped 4th spot with Carsley last time, but we should be winning these games easily. I just worry that if Carsley can't cope with Wigan he isn't going to cope with Chelsea. That worries me.

You know, in a perverse sort of way I really enjoy these matches where we play badly yet win with one or two flashes of quality (ie our goals).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us competing in pure technical terms with Arsenal or with the pure flair, belief and quality of United when on song, but realistically we are a long long way from there.

So let's enjoy where we are now, in 4th on merit, and hope that with our continued improvement we can knock off 3rd, 2nd, and eventually 1st in the Premiership (albeit sometime in the future).

5 or so years ago, quality teams were doing to us what we did to Wigan today - Boy it's so much better that we are doing it to others.....

I can't wait for the rest of the season!!!!!!!

COYB's !!!!!

Last edited:

I have been attacked. Been told that I am talking [Poor language removed]. Because I express an opinion. We could have lost this game today, yes we scraped 4th spot with Carsley last time, but we should be winning these games easily. I just worry that if Carsley can't cope with Wigan he isn't going to cope with Chelsea. That worries me.

Ghost - I don't agree with quite a bit of what you post - but I'm glad you're here - I enjoy reading your contributions - just don't take the responses personally (y)

Well I have taken it personally. It seems I can't criticise a player - I've even highlighted the reasons why I believed he was poor. I have said what we need to go to that next level.

Maybe I can see things that others can't. Maybe I am more perceptual and can see that what we need to move on is not someone who just swings a boot.

The fact that Carsley has never been approached by anyone to sign for them, proves to me he isn't that impressive. I just believe its the old Dogs of War crap again.

We all say Carsley got us 4th, well did he get us 17th the following year?

I honestly hand on heart believe he is the weakest link in the side. Yes, he may get the ball away and put in a tackle. But thats all he does, he is very one dimensional and a defensive midfielder needs to pass and have control too. Otherwise he may as well be a 5th defender.

I have been attacked. Been told that I am talking [Poor language removed].
You tell people they are talking rubbish more than anyone here, Ghost. You could get into a fight with a lamppost and then sound like the fat boy crying to the teacher. Want to have people respect what you post like others around here? Try adding to the forum instead of subtracting from it with every post you make.

Why should be winning away to wigan easily liverpool did,nt beat them it was a great result.
Like i said before you are so aggressive and cutting in your posts if we were in the bottom 3 i,d maybe agree with some of the things you say but ffs we are 4th.
Imo some of the stuff you have said about carsley is bollocks,to come out with get shut and stuff like that is crap.

I don't care what people think of me. I have made an opinion of a player and I have given my reasons. If people don't like what I have said than so what? Do you think I care?

How have I subtracted from this forum? Should I tip toe around so as not to ruin the karma? Carsley is not the man anymore to take us forward. End of.

I disagree. Does that mean your wrong and I am right? No it means we disagree.

I don't think Carsley played well today. I didn't think he played well against Chelsea away.

Let me ask you this question. Do you think Carsley is a better player than Mascherano? Hargreaves? Carrick? Makalele? Vieira? Keane?

But let me come back here. I am criticising Carsley on todays performance. So let me ask you these questions.

1. Did he give the ball away on more than one occassion when playing a 5 yard pass?

2. Did he close down players and was he on their toes while they were attacking?

If the answer to both those questions is yes he did, then the integrity of opinion here is seriously flawed.

Hargreaves is [Poor language removed] lad.

Why should be winning away to wigan easily liverpool did,nt beat them it was a great result.
Like i said before you are so aggressive and cutting in your posts if we were in the bottom 3 i,d maybe agree with some of the things you say but ffs we are 4th.
Imo some of the stuff you have said about carsley is bollocks,to come out with get shut and stuff like that is crap.

So do you think he is one of the best defensive midfielders in the country?

Well I have taken it personally. It seems I can't criticise a player - I've even highlighted the reasons why I believed he was poor. I have said what we need to go to that next level.

Maybe I can see things that others can't. Maybe I am more perceptual and can see that what we need to move on is not someone who just swings a boot.

The fact that Carsley has never been approached by anyone to sign for them, proves to me he isn't that impressive. I just believe its the old Dogs of War crap again.

We all say Carsley got us 4th, well did he get us 17th the following year?

I honestly hand on heart believe he is the weakest link in the side. Yes, he may get the ball away and put in a tackle. But thats all he does, he is very one dimensional and a defensive midfielder needs to pass and have control too. Otherwise he may as well be a 5th defender.
You just sound like a knob now maybe you are more perceptual than anyone on the planet or maybe you just have such a sad life revolving round yourself this is how you get off talking out of your arse.

Hargreaves is [Poor language removed] lad.

Is he? why?

You see, I say Carsley isn't as good people says he is, and I back it up by giving my reasons. Yet you and others will just say he is [Poor language removed], and thats fine isn't it? Why don't you give your reasons?

Also, don't call me lad.

You just sound like a knob now maybe you are more perceptual than anyone on the planet or maybe you just have such a sad life revolving round yourself this is how you get off talking out of your arse.

Now your getting personal!

I haven't once got personal with you or anyone else here.

Seems people don't like hearing the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back