Wigan 1-2 Everton 20th January 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok not a great performance but a win none the less. We are in the top 4 and above the [Poor language removed] (for the time being) We are still on the up and thats what matters. Goal difference of +17!!!

Those who come on here and give Carsley a bashing he did a job today, he headed and cleared the lines plenty of times. Neville was pretty average and Ossie was anonimous Cahill did ok and Arteta held the ball well.

He didn't do a job today, he was lucky and we were lucky. Play against Chelsea like that and its goodbye Carling Cup.

Carsley needs to be replaced, I know I'm right and I don't care what people say. He missed the ball, he was marking nobody, his passing was poor, even 5 yard passes were poor.

Oooohhh ossie is close. Nearly one of his specials.

Not sure what game people are watching but Cars is doing a job more so than Neville Ossie.

They were all poor. But people haven't been praising Neville and Ossie all week. Its been Cars is the best player in the squad, super star Cars. I advise those people to watch the game again.

They were all poor. But people haven't been praising Neville and Ossie all week. Its been Cars is the best player in the squad, super star Cars. I advise those people to watch the game again.

One bad game, every other game he has been one of the best. Yakubu, johnson, cahill, arteta, lescott, yobo, howard - ALL of them have had bad games havnt they?

well its 3 points in the bag.so well done for that.

but im not very convinced about the way we won it.
it could very easily have been 2-0 to wigan.
the game was hard to watch , especially for 40 minutes of the first half.
i thought our performance was dull , flat lacked class and our attacking play was nothing more than hoof ball to the very lively and full of running aj.

also again this week arteta and cahill dived a few times. i really really dont like the team i support doing that sort of thing.

im going to forget the way we played in the game and just look at the table and admire where we are.

although if we are to beat chelsea in the league cup we have to raise our game a hell of a lot i feel .

The ONE reason it has been all about Carsely this week is YOU. You mouth off about how crap he is, get all flustered when people disagree with you and rightfully defend him.

That pitch was [Poor language removed] i,m pleased we battled for a victory the lads did well.
I,m also pleased moysie took off neville he was awful today and not a midfielder to be fair nobody in the midfield played that well but they are only human and deserve the odd off game,i,m chuffed with the win and i,m not going to pick holes in it we are a great squad doing great things thank you moysie.
I agree with aj for man of the match but again hibbert played well bring on chelsea.

we can play well and win, but we can win ugly as well.

today was always gonna be an ugly day.

1. Its in Wigan
  2. Its Winter
  3. Pitch like a potato field
  4. They had a height advantage
  5. They were never gonna be passing it around like we can
  6. We had to match strength with strength

We did well, all things considered. A midfield with Neville and Cahill is always going to lose some possession - as neither are comsummate passers of the ball. And it wasn't great conditions to playing balls on the deck in triangles anyways.

WE got the 3 points. We know we can play better and in the right conditions, we have played better.

Moyes putting Vaughan on seemed to take the pressure off - never makes an attacking sub? Not anymore.

Solid win. No need for an autopsy.

Phew! is my first post match comment. What a [Poor language removed] awful pitch will be my second! You can't expect quality passing sides like ourselves to excel on that surface. That other team modelling itself on us - Arsenal - would have struggled too :P

More importantly...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ma...8787&view=DISPLAYCONTENT&grid=A1&targetRule=0

I know what you mean, when I saw there pitch I though we were playing away in a F.A. Cup match against some team from lower division, if Arsenal was playing here and lost to Wigan you would hear them complain the pitch condition.

Today Wigan was playing like the old Bolton and Blackburn, I almost forgotten I was watching a Football match, it was almost like American Football they weren't looking for the ball, they look to take our player down before going for the ball.

I could tell you if that is the way they going to play Arsenal going to hate playing against them.

I don't know if they make the surface this way, it certainly suits there game they like playing high ball and loop ball, perfect for a team with big player, the surface would not be suitable to our game and certainly not suitable for Arsenal.

Any way, 3 points in the bag and 4th place in the mean time, let's hope the result today and tomorrow go our way and we could stay where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back