Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asked my mate for a revised opinion on him, after gauging his opinion last summer. He’s a Leeds season ticket holder and a pretty thoughtful kind of football fan.

He says:

To be honest similar to last year… he was injured for half the season, had one really hot month in about Jan where he carried us entirely, but tended to lose his starting place to Dan James and was mostly a sub… there’s real potential there though, just needs time to nurture it, Leeds fans are desperate to offload him though and get in someone more for the here and now.

He got 8 goals in a team that finished 3rd and got nearly record points in the championship, we were hoping for double that to match Summerville on the other wing… tough call! Maybe a change of scenery will do him well

So not a ringing endorsement… but then, he will hardly have endeared himself to Leeds fans with his attempt to force a move to us last summer.
A thoughtful Leeds fan?

Philogene was mostly loved, yet know one had really ever heard of him until a week ago and yet a 20 yr old Italian international with prem experience is seen in a negative light by quite a few, I don't get it.

Funny how opinions are formed isn't it

Didn’t they want between 30-40M for him when we were last interested. If they want that now to me that’s far too much.

Most of these are actually owned by PL clubs.

1721076131478.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back