Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could do with both tbh. If one is a loan then we are still in profit for the summer.

Ideally we'd have both, but based on pure numbers I'd guess just the one

If you think about the 3 attacking midfield roles, you'd have:

AM - Ndiaye, Dele (presumably), Doucoure, Gnonto/Lindstrom
LM - McNeil, Harrison, Young (at a push), Gnonto/Lindstrom
RM - Gnonto/Lindstrom, Harrison, Young (at a push), Ndiaye, Garner (at a push)

I'd like to be wrong, but given our needs in other areas, I'd be surprised to see us bring in two wingers. Maybe if the Lindstrom one is a loan, there's a chance of Gnonto too, but I'd expect that would only happen if we've addressed the other areas like centre mid, full back and, presumably, striker

I'd like to be wrong, but given our needs in other areas, I'd be surprised to see us bring in two wingers. Maybe if the Lindstrom one is a loan, there's a chance of Gnonto too, but I'd expect that would only happen if we've addressed the other areas like centre mid, full back and, presumably, striker

Not for me mate, we've been crying out for threat and creativity for seasons now, more wingers, 10s and forwards the better.

Hmmm.

Beto 25m
Chermo 15m
Indy 16m
Timmy 10m

Out 66m

Dobbin 10m
Godders 10m
Onana 55m

75m

We have 9m left to spend so far.

If you include the Chermiti & Beto deals then you would need to include all the money owed from previous sales and signings due. Those were listed somewhere at £90mil+ net to Everton after the January window.

Not to be pedantic bit Godfrey was £11mil based on currency conversion at the time.

In
Iroegbunam £10mil
N'Diaye £16.9mil

Out
Dobbin £10mil
Godfrey £11mil
Onana £55mil

Net = £49.1mil

After Onana clause = £44.7mil

No, heat maps suggest he's spent far more time playing on the right in the last few years
Napoli played him more on the right (off the bench) which is one of the reasons he was useless. His best games at Frankfurt where as a 10 or left, either wide or left in an attacking midfield duo. He is versatile but right wing has definitely not been his most effective position.

The vast majority of his career starts are either a 10 or left:

If you include the Chermiti & Beto deals then you would need to include all the money owed from previous sales and signings due. Those were listed somewhere at £90mil+ net to Everton after the January window.

Not to be pedantic bit Godfrey was £11mil based on currency conversion at the time.

In
Iroegbunam £10mil
N'Diaye £16.9mil

Out
Dobbin £10mil
Godfrey £11mil
Onana £55mil

Net = £49.1mil

After Onana clause = £44.7mil
Everton: £-0.65m
24/25: £-4.15m
23/24: £36.23m (15th)
22/23: £21.7m (17th)
21/22: £5.56m (16th)

20/21: £-59.75m (10th)

If you add Onana to that it means we are about 50m up on transfers in the last 5 years, according to those figures.

333.jpg

Hmm. We need 4 wide players for me. At the minute we have McNeil and Harrison. I’m not inclined to count Young or Garner as wide players. I’m expecting a squad with 2 players per position.

Everton: £-0.65m
24/25: £-4.15m
23/24: £36.23m (15th)
22/23: £21.7m (17th)
21/22: £5.56m (16th)

20/21: £-59.75m (10th)

If you add Onana to that it means we are about 50m up on transfers in the last 5 years, according to those figures.

View attachment 265085

The one that was shared on here a few times was £90mil net owing to us, posted after Jan. Cant remember from where but im sure many posters saw it.

The one that was shared on here a few times was £90mil net owing to us, posted after Jan. Cant remember from where but im sure many posters saw it.
I also vaguely recall seeing it at the time and I didn't look that closely at it.

Now whilst those numbers above I posted aren't 100% accurate, I doubt the margin of error is 90million, so if you can highlight the 90m excess, I would appreciate it.

I also vaguely recall seeing it at the time and I didn't look that closely at it.

Now whilst those numbers above I posted aren't 100% accurate, I doubt the margin of error is 90million, so if you can highlight the 90m excess, I would appreciate it.

Its not possible without knowing how the payments have been structured

Its not possible without knowing how the payments have been structured
Precisely, which is why we should only focus on net spend per window. It makes it simple.

But I think you will agree that we don't have a 90m excess floating around?

Once Onana is sold we certainly have funds to spend.

Precisely, which is why we should only focus on net spend per window. It makes it simple.

But I think you will agree that we don't have a 90m excess floating around?

Once Onana is sold we certainly have funds to spend.

Well no clue on the £90mil net.

However, once those deals were inked for the 2 forwards last summer, PSR begins so its best to remove those from this summers ins/outs.

I expect us to be able to spend what we bring in this summer as a total fee e.g 1 player costs £10mil and another we sell for £10mil will be fine (not the PSR way).

But with our PSR looking good after Onana & hopefully a few more are sold I expect and somewhat 'demand' that Friedkin group splash out a substantial amount on at least one super player.

Well no clue on the £90mil net.

However, once those deals were inked for the 2 forwards last summer, PSR begins so its best to remove those from this summers ins/outs.

I expect us to be able to spend what we bring in this summer as a total fee e.g 1 player costs £10mil and another we sell for £10mil will be fine (not the PSR way).

But with our PSR looking good after Onana & hopefully a few more are sold I expect and somewhat 'demand' that Friedkin group splash out a substantial amount on at least one super player.
They havent even taken over plus everything has not just changed over night we dont need to spend a substantial amount on one super player. We need more players with quality who can make an impact in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.