Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Jacobs suggesting we really arent that close to a deal, that we are quite relaxed about it as there are several options we are exploring.
“we are quite relaxed about it”
No rush Keith, take your time, winning matches in August is overrated.

Agree, it looks like Onana will be done over the weekend, if something is not moving on this by Monday morning we need to move on to other targets. As you said, can't be bothered with Kev wasting another summer chasing this guy given the other work we need to do.
I appreciate he and we have got targets but Leeds will try and make it as hard as possible,which is fair enough coz he's their player at the end of the day.

Just don't want us getting bogged down in negotiations for a whole month again.

I mean, its us making more of it than it probably is. A couple of links a while ago and this is one of the most active threads on here.

Think we'll see movement when Onana is confirmed.
Leeds are briefing the media saying they're aren't seeking to sell him...same as last year.

If they start acting the goat we should move on quickly,Once Onana moves on you'll probably see stuff happen but am not convinced it will be him.

Keeping Branthwaite and DCL, selling Onana, signing Gnonto, Harrison and the Scandinavian fella on loan, and bringing in a central midfielder would be a fabulous transfer window.

That really shouldn't be too much of an ask at all.

We're not aiming for European positions; a nice boring mid-table plus a cup run (thankfully no more selfish Onana showboating penalties to worry about) to take us to the new ground is absolutely fine.

Get to the new ground with new owners and financial worries behind us. Make a profit this summer and we ought to be in a really strong position next summer to add more quality and depth to the squad.

I think we won't pay more than what we value him at.

Leeds won't sell him for less than they value him at.

One will either fold depending on desperation - we run out of ideas/need signings, or Leeds need to sell.

Or of course, someone wades in and pays more.

Can understand Leeds' view though, they aren't likely to improve on him and he's contracted to 2027.

I think we won't pay more than what we value him at.

Leeds won't sell him for less than they value him at.

One will either fold depending on desperation - we run out of ideas/need signings, or Leeds need to sell.

Or of course, someone wades in and pays more.

Can understand Leeds' view though, they aren't likely to improve on him and he's contracted to 2027.

We need to send @Damo_1878 to negotiate for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back