Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Branthwaite and DCL, selling Onana, signing Gnonto, Harrison and the Scandinavian fella on loan, and bringing in a central midfielder would be a fabulous transfer window.

That really shouldn't be too much of an ask at all.

We're not aiming for European positions; a nice boring mid-table plus a cup run (thankfully no more selfish Onana showboating penalties to worry about) to take us to the new ground is absolutely fine.

Get to the new ground with new owners and financial worries behind us. Make a profit this summer and we ought to be in a really strong position next summer to add more quality and depth to the squad.
Keep DCL even tho he’s not signing a new deal?

I think we won't pay more than what we value him at.

Leeds won't sell him for less than they value him at.

One will either fold depending on desperation - we run out of ideas/need signings, or Leeds need to sell.

Or of course, someone wades in and pays more.

Can understand Leeds' view though, they aren't likely to improve on him and he's contracted to 2027.
I think Gnonto himself may also have an impact on this possible transfer.
He knows he is wanted at Everton by Dyche and Thelwell. He knows they chased that transfer last summer as long and as hard as they could. He made it known publicly he wanted to move to Everton. It can't be all about the money for a player, he will want to go to a club where he knows he is wanted... I hope.

That may influence his decision.

Everyones so impatient these days you'd think this was a saga that had dragged on for months not that the first proper reports of us being interest were about a week ago!

Might as well. If we sell him it won't be for much, and it'd be a pretty big gamble finding somebody that fits the system well with little money. Obviously if we can bring in a proven striker then try and offload DCL like.
I’d sell him for £5m before I’d let him move on for free. You think the fans are going to support him throughout the season if he’s leaving on a free at the end of his deal one he’s spent as much time injured on than playing.

I think Gnonto himself may also have an impact on this possible transfer.
He knows he is wanted at Everton by Dyche and Thelwell. He knows they chased that transfer last summer as long and as hard as they could. He made it known publicly he wanted to move to Everton. It can't be all about the money for a player, he will want to go to a club where he knows he is wanted... I hope.

That may influence his decision.

Didn't work for him last time.

Like Kudus, and even Minteh - if someone else stumps up the cash and they're left with no move, or a move - then he likely moves.

Newcastle have been linked, as have Forest.

Hopefully most is agreed or on the way, sounds like we've been talking to Leeds for a while and they seem more willing to engage then 12 months ago, we might be waiting for the cashflow of the Onana money, to pay Leeds what they might want up front.

One will either fold depending on desperation - we run out of ideas/need signings, or Leeds need to sell.

Can understand Leeds' view though, they aren't likely to improve on him and he's contracted to 2027.

I think so. For better or worse, I have been mildly impressed as to how we have stuck to our guns in terms of prices for players (both in and out).

Agree, but unfortunately that's likely the reason why this will go on until deadline day if Thelwell doesn't pull rank.

Has there been any actual decent links to this.
fart.jpg

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.