Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Gnonto won't be wanting another season in the Championship, will he !!

I think he'll be a very unhappy lad if he's kept on and that won't be great for Team Morale !!!
Agree, I just dont think they are as desperate as the headline figure of "Leeds need to find 190m" suggests.

I suspect he ends up here, but that feeling changes a lot.

If Leeds dont play ball, then I dont think he comes here, plus theres always a chance that while we are being prudent, somebody less prudent with more money comes over our head.

From what I can see, hes only being linked to us, I havent seen any other teams, but then I dont follow other teams news that closely.
Had a look on a few leeds forums, they seem to think he will be coming here, one said by the end of this week?
Not that they know anymore than us like.

Had a look on a few leeds forums, they seem to think he will be coming here, one said by the end of this week?
Not that they know anymore than us like.
I wouldnt be shocked mate.

As I say, we are probably doing the cost dance with Leeds, so I wouldnt be shocked to wake up tomorrow and hear the fat lady singing.

Gotta take you're hat off to Thellwell tho if this goes through quickly. ( If it aint just a Rumour that Is, or our Affection with Leeds doesn't scupper the deal )

Leeds have already sold quite a bit tho.

They got 60m for the boy Gray and Sinistera.

I know they have to "find" 190m, but thats NOT this Summer, the money they needed for this Summer they have already found.

They still need a squad to gain promotion, but they also have owners who are willing to prop up the business.

A lot was made of the KM tweet, but if you look closely their issues, whilst less than ideal, they dont suggest they need to sell on the cheap.

Last season, Beyond player sales they still made losses of 34m (without player sales they were running losses of 106m) the championship only allows 39 million, so they barely got by even with owner support soaking up a heavy loss.

That’s last season. This season The 60 million they already brought in doesn’t cut it on that trajectory and they will also see a drop In The parachute payment

…plus the 190m they already owed will be more difficult to balance in coming seasons the longer they are out of the PL as the memory of their player value diminishes.

They will not miss the last chance they have to cash in on this player, no way, whether he comes to Everton or elsewhere

Last season, Beyond player sales they still made losses of 34m (without player sales they were running losses of 106m) the championship only allows 39 million, so they barely got by even with owner support soaking up a heavy loss.

That’s last season. This season The 60 million they already brought in doesn’t cut it on that trajectory and they will also see a drop In The parachute payment

…plus the 190m they already owed will be more difficult to balance in coming seasons the longer they are out of the PL as the memory of their player value diminishes.

They will not miss the last chance they have to cash in on this player, no way, whether he comes to Everton or elsewhere
I think they are trying to move on Summerville and Gnonto, but I think its a Branners thing, they will hold out for a decent price.

What that is, well who knows.

Would absolutely love to see a Summerville & Gnonto audacious double extravaganza swoop at £37.5m but I feel they're probably worth about £45-50m between them.

If we could offload Keane, Holgate and Beto that would probably bring in £15m, we've just received £50m for Onana, surely we could afford it.

Alas, we can't offload anybody else for money unless it's DCL imo.

Just get Willy for £20m rising to £29.2m if we win the FIFA World Club Cup within the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back