Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, I just dont think they are as desperate as the headline figure of "Leeds need to find 190m" suggests.

I suspect he ends up here, but that feeling changes a lot.

If Leeds dont play ball, then I dont think he comes here, plus theres always a chance that while we are being prudent, somebody less prudent with more money comes over our head.
Gotta be the right price if I allow somebody to do that.

Would absolutely love to see a Summerville & Gnonto audacious double extravaganza swoop at £37.5m but I feel they're probably worth about £45-50m between them.

If we could offload Keane, Holgate and Beto that would probably bring in £15m, we've just received £50m for Onana, surely we could afford it.

Alas, we can't offload anybody else for money unless it's DCL imo.

Just get Willy for £20m rising to £29.2m if we win the FIFA World Club Cup within the next 5 years.

We can't and don't be selling Beto for anything less than what we paid (or very close), given ongoing problems with p&s regs doing so will kill us on it.

To explain his book value right now due to the weird arrangement (no payment first season) is still 25m, we sell him for say 12m we'd take an instant 13m net hit on p&s, we keep him then we take a hit of his amortisation value (so about 5m) and we have the player still. Never mind the fact in actual money we'd have to pay the full 25m straight away to Udinese

Same applies for Maupay or any signed player we need to cover the remaining fee we have to pay AND his current amortisation value other wise we won't be selling a loan is better for us

Had a look on a few leeds forums, they seem to think he will be coming here, one said by the end of this week?
Not that they know anymore than us like.
I heard a fee was already agreed a week or so ago, and we were just waiting to sell Onana

….i’m not in the least keen on Gnonto but regardless of this we’ve brought in Harrison, Ndiaye and possibly Lindstrom. With limited spend and priorities elsewhere, I find it difficult to see how monies will be spent on a winger.

We can't and don't be selling Beto for anything less than what we paid (or very close), given ongoing problems with p&s regs doing so will kill us on it.

To explain his book value right now due to the weird arrangement (no payment first season) is still 25m, we sell him for say 12m we'd take an instant 13m net hit on p&s, we keep him then we take a hit of his amortisation value (so about 5m) and we have the player still. Never mind the fact in actual money we'd have to pay the full 25m straight away to Udinese

Same applies for Maupay or any signed player we need to cover the remaining fee we have to pay AND his current amortisation value other wise we won't be selling a loan is better for us
His book value will definitely have reduced. Just because we didn't pay all the fee doesn't mean that the amortisation is delayed. You recognise the full value of the transfer on day 1, regardless of the payment plan.

I'm concerned that we will waste a lot of time on this again with no prospect of him signing.

We just had a big sale so if we can't afford him now, or if Leeds aren't willing to sell, then the deal isn't going to happen. So we need a quick decision one way or another.

….i’m not in the least keen on Gnonto but regardless of this we’ve brought in Harrison, Ndiaye and possibly Lindstrom. With limited spend and priorities elsewhere, I find it difficult to see how monies will be spent on a winger.
Would hope we had a few lined up.
Need players at the back at least two, a centre mid, and a centre forward if DCL goes maybe even if he stays.
All areas I'm would say are priorities over getting this lad,
Saying that I think he would add a lot to the squad.

His book value will definitely have reduced. Just because we didn't pay all the fee doesn't mean that the amortisation is delayed. You recognise the full value of the transfer on day 1, regardless of the payment plan.

Yeah I think you're right on that.

But even so that would mean we'd have to sell for say 20 to hit p&s net zero.

And we'd still the have to fully pay the free on one lump sum I believe to Udinese (unless I'm mistaken on that)

Thats not how book value works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back