Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned that we will waste a lot of time on this again with no prospect of him signing.

We just had a big sale so if we can't afford him now, or if Leeds aren't willing to sell, then the deal isn't going to happen. So we need a quick decision one way or another.

My take is we are maybe talking with him, but it's not the front burner negotiation (Lindstrom arriving kind of shows it was the priority)

I agree fully we can't get 'hung up' on one single transfer ignoring other business we have to do as well.

I'm concerned that we will waste a lot of time on this again with no prospect of him signing.

We just had a big sale so if we can't afford him now, or if Leeds aren't willing to sell, then the deal isn't going to happen. So we need a quick decision one way or another.
This.

If the Gnonto boat has sailed or Leeds are playing silly buggers, it’s time to move on.

I heard a fee was already agreed a week or so ago, and we were just waiting to sell Onana
That was before the Friedkin takeover collapsed. Yes, the spin from the club sources are saying that hasn’t affected transfer business but from a negotiating point of view you wouldn’t expect them to say anything else.

In reality, you have to wonder whether the club was expecting the day to day general running of the club in the near future to be funded by the new owners and so earmarked the incoming Onana transfer fee to be reinvested in new signings, but now the takeover has collapsed that 50 million is now better being kept back as security for the day to day operations in the months ahead.

Hope I’m wrong obviously, but that does make sense.

That was before the Friedkin takeover collapsed. Yes, the spin from the club sources are saying that hasn’t affected transfer business but from a negotiating point of view you wouldn’t expect them to say anything else.

In reality, you have to wonder whether the club was expecting the day to day general running of the club in the near future to be funded by the new owners and so earmarked the incoming Onana transfer fee to be reinvested in new signings, but now the takeover has collapsed that 50 million is now better being kept back as security for the day to day operations in the months ahead.

Hope I’m wrong obviously, but that does make sense.
Yeah it certainly won't have helped, time will tell

I am going to be honest. I don’t like the idea of Gnoto. 9 goals in the championship ain’t very good isn’t it. I’d say we go for Jack Clarke, cheaper and nearly double the amount of goals

Clarke scored 9 goals in the Championship last year when he was 22...

Gnonto is 20. He's played 13 times for Italy.

Clarke was in League one at the same age.

Gnonto is well ahead of the curve and offers much more potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back