Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke scored 9 goals in the Championship last year when he was 22...

Gnonto is 20. He's played 13 times for Italy.

Clarke was in League one at the same age.

Gnonto is well ahead of the curve and offers much more potential.
Dele Alli was better than what jude bellingham is when he was 20 and look at him now like

I am going to be honest. I don’t like the idea of Gnoto. 9 goals in the championship ain’t very good isn’t it. I’d say we go for Jack Clarke, cheaper and nearly double the amount of goals
I dont think a lot of the people talking him up here watched him much tbf.

If were playing on the counter then from what others have posted & what we can see from him...Gnonto;

A: Has good defensive stats
B: Can play LW, ACM, RW & CF
C: Is very good at carrying the ball up the pitch quickly
D: Good stats on goals/assists
E: Brings excitement
F: Is only 20 and threatening to have a big season soon

Looking at Branthwaite, Iroegbunam, Chermiti and perhaps Patterson, we're gradually building a new wave of young players with Mykolenko, McNeil and Garner a touch older.

Gnonto is another to add to the younger group and in a position we need.

This I think is the big move for the summer and one that has very low downside.

Yeah Bellingham was literally the best player for the world's best team last season.
Dele Alli scored 20 goals in the prem for Spurs at 20 years old. Are people forgetting the absolute sensation he was at the time? He was being tipped for the exact same 100 million pound move to Madrid (though madrids midfield at the time didn’t warrant it actually happening amongst Levi saying not to even bother).

Clarke scored 9 goals in the Championship last year when he was 22...

Gnonto is 20. He's played 13 times for Italy.

Clarke was in League one at the same age.

Gnonto is well ahead of tthat he curve and offers much more potential.
Never understood the love-in for Gnonto.

Yes, Mancini liked him because he was young, had potential and offered something different. But he did not really play any important matches, got most of his matches as a sub and didn't play well. He is nowhere near the current Italy squad and has not been involved in almost a year. Moise Kean has been in the Italy squad since Gnonto was involved.

Sure, he would strengthen the squad and offer something different. But the way Everton play (and always will play with Dyche as a manager) wingers are chosen from what they offer without the ball. They will spend most of the time deep on their own half. Most full backs in the league are more offensive than Everton wingers. That is by design. And we don't do plan B.

The way Dyche refused to play both Gray and Danjuma wide because he didn't trust them defensively, makes it unlikely that Gnonto will be a regular starter for Everton as long as Dyche has a say.

Lots have been said and written about getting in young players and focus on resell value. Rightly so. But to pay premium for young players and not play them is bad business. Whatever we consider a 20 year old Gnonto to be worth can easily be halved within 12 months if he doesn't get starts for a team such as Everton.

Transfermarkt currently has Gnonto's value at €16 million. I doubt many clubs are willing to pay that. And I don't expect Leeds to be willing to sell him for less than £22-25 million? With reasonable pricing there would be lots of interest for him, but clubs that knows what they are doing all seem to stay away.

That Benj has tweeted saying the hold up is currently due to down payments
If we don't have the money then we don't have the money.

There's only two options, and none of them are to keep on trying to make a deal if there's not a deal to be made

Either we sell someone and raise more funds

Or we move on to another target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back